Be able to exclude search results

Be able to exclude search results

AirBnB feature request...

I would like to be able to toggle a particular listing on/off where it'll then be excluded from my search results in the future.

Being able to do this on both a listing and a host would be great.

If I toggle a host to be excluded, it'll apply to all of their listings.

Also... being able to save a note on a particular listing or host that is private that'll show up in my search results as an icon would also be beneficial.

4 Replies 4
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Chris17167 Why ? H

@Chris17167  it costs money to develop new features. I'm not seeing how this one would be profitable for Airbnb. If you don't like a particular listing or host that shows up in your search results, can't you just choose not to book that one? 

Not all features have to be profitable. The filtering feature itself isn't profitable. Why did AirBnB add it then? The feature where you can archive a conversation isn't profitable. Why did AirBnB add that feature? Your logic doesn't make sense. I'm a developer and I'm fully aware how new features takes money and time but every company adds and improves their services to help keep their customers happy.

Now... my current situation is I've been looking at 20 different listings in the same area and some of them have certain things such as missing features that I need or bad reviews which prevents me from reserving it. It's hard to keep track of all 20.

@Chris17167   I do agree that it's a frustrating waste of time when the search delivers results that don't correspond to your filters and parameters. I think I'd rather just be able to click a button that says "show me only relevant results" than leave myself a trail of breadcrumbs about each individual listing that wasn't my cup of tea. 

If you, unlike the average traveler, are searching the same area frequently, what I suggest is that you add all the listings that you like to your Wishlist by clicking the heart icon. The next time you're looking for a place in that area, you can search within that Wishlist to see if any of your saved listings is available for your desired dates. It's a mirror image of the feature you asked for that already exists and actually requires less effort on your part.