Are hosts actually getting covered with Airbnb’s Aircover?

Answered!

Are hosts actually getting covered with Airbnb’s Aircover?

We have trusted Airbnb in their multiple claims that they offer hosts protection from guests’ damage to property. They even encourage us to allow guests with no reviews because they assure hosts that we will be covered in case of damage. We had a family with a dog stay with us, who seemed really nice at first. When they checked out, however, the housekeeper notified us that the living room blind had been damaged. Probably by the dog because it is behind the sofa, but we alerted the guest immediately. The guest assured us that they would pay what was needed, but asked if they could finish their vacation first. So we politely waited a week, and then began sending the proof of purchase and explained that the blind was new and had been installed just weeks before they arrived. The guest never responded so we moved forward with Aircover and they responded that they would be paying us the full amount of our request.

Then the guest started reaching out and harassing us, calling us names, lying, and acting very unstable. The next thing we know, Aircover send us an email saying that they were taking back our payment because “the guest already paid you” and sure enough Airbnb deducted the amount that had been paid to us from our next payout. 
When we call Airbnb they tell us that there is no way for us or them to speak to Aircover, since that is a different department. They tell us “it is very confusing”. Now it is days that we are trying to find out what happened. Could it be possible that it was enough for this hostile, lying guest to tell them “we paid them” and they retracted our claim without any proof whatsoever? 

1 Best Answer
Annie1372
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

@Heather-And-Gio0 

Based on AirBNB policy, host should be cover by AIRCOVER, but after ready so many post here on the CC from other host sharing their experience, saying that they did not get helped nor refund by AurCiver us very sap and so disappointing.

All payment, even from the guest, should be done through AirBNB, therefore, you could easily   prove that they have not paid.

the only good advice I have read on that is to contact AirBNB Customer support daily until your find someone that truly understand the issue and that could help you.

@Quincy can you help with that matter?

Annie

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Annie1372
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

@Heather-And-Gio0 

Based on AirBNB policy, host should be cover by AIRCOVER, but after ready so many post here on the CC from other host sharing their experience, saying that they did not get helped nor refund by AurCiver us very sap and so disappointing.

All payment, even from the guest, should be done through AirBNB, therefore, you could easily   prove that they have not paid.

the only good advice I have read on that is to contact AirBNB Customer support daily until your find someone that truly understand the issue and that could help you.

@Quincy can you help with that matter?

Annie

Thank you so much for the reply!

we have now heard back from Aircover via email that they have sent out another payment. This payment was posted, so it looks like they are taking responsibility. 
This makes us feel much better 🙂

Bwalya-Melanie0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

All these stories really dishearten me and I’m afraid my case won’t be any different. I had a guest bring extra unauthorised guests in the apartment, flooded my bathrooms, left damages and pure filth included poo on the toilet seat, and actual rubbish everywhere that took 6 hours to clean. For weeks I haven’t heard a response to the resolution and have just been told “I” cancelled it. I never cancelled it and they closed my case less than 24hours. For the extra guests I’m told I can’t claim because it wasn’t in my description. I added it in my settings and it’s there on the profile page just not in the description as there is a word limit. I feel defeated and out of pocket. Everytime I write to them I get a different person telling me to open a case in resolution center even when it was open. This aircover if a farce and they are only there to protect the guests it seems. 

Slim33
Level 2
La Marsa, Tunisia

Air BnB: their so called Air Cover is a big scam

If you have a property that you rent on AirBnB, I advise you to have it insured to protect yourself, do not count on the promise of Air Bnb via its AirCover system, it is simply a big scam, I just bear the cost! Indeed, a traveler set fire to my apartment on the first day of his arrival, my apartment was ravaged, these photos and videos show, Cost of the works amounted to 15,000 euros. The traveler of course refused to acknowledge his fault, according to him the fire caught on its own as if by magic! In this case, according to the terms of Air BnB, it is up to them via their AirCover who to repay the damages to the host, well it is not so! I spent weeks sending them and their intermediaries, documents, photos, videos, invoices, including the firefighters' intervention certificate. I spare you the details on their poor management of complaints especially for French speakers and the chaotic coordination with their intermediaries to finally see me answer that they refuse to reimburse me with false pretexts, they even told me, I quote " If it had been a lower amount we could have solved the problem without all this hassle” and yet on their insurance they mention that Air Cover reimburses up to 1 million dollars. Their bad faith is beyond doubt, of course I have all the proofs of what I am saying! Living in Tunisia, it is complicated for me to use a lawyer, especially since they do not have offices here. I don't have the patience and i can’t afford to sue them, but I can at least warn other hosts of the risk they face. I have of course removed my property from their platform since

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2Wi4LxfdqE&ab_channel=FatenM%27TIR

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Slim33 This is a lot of damage! How did the guest cause it? Was something left cooking on the stove unattended?  Did the guest intentionally set the fire? Trying to understand the whole story. 

He said he tried to set fire in the fireplace, and didn't manage so he went to sleep, and then woke up with smoke everywhere