Airbnb invite a friend and receive $50

Sam271
Level 1
Mount Torrens, Australia

Airbnb invite a friend and receive $50

Hi Airbnb,

I have just become a first time user of Airbnb and have booked a trip coming up soon.

I was introduced by friend and we tried to use your "Introduce a friend to Airbnb and they’ll get $50 AUD towards their first trip. You’ll get $25 AUD in travel credit once they travel. Only for first time Airbnb users!" and it didn't work.

I was hoping to receive the $50 towards my first trip I just booked and paid for and hoping you can help me receive it still?

Thanks for your time.
Regards
Sam

4 Replies 4
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Sam271,

This isn't Airbnb customer support. It's a help and advice forum where Airbnb members can help each other out from their own experience. We don't have access to anyone's Airbnb account ot trip history.

There are a few requirements for getting that credit for trips. If you satisfied the requirements and still didn't get the credit you should contact Airbnb support to find out why. They say that credits can't be applied to trips that are already booked.

To get the gredit ...

You must be a new user and you must have signed up by following the link in the email from your friend. If you signed up independently, without using the link, then you won't get the credit.

The trip you wanted to book must have a qualifying minimum cost exclusive of the fees Airbnb charged you. The "Help" section says that the minimum cost is about US$75 although this may not be the current qualifying value.

To contact support click on "Help" and then on "Visit the Help Centre" and then on the "Contact us" button near the end of the page. that will show a page with phone and message links.

You can also type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the Community" box on these forum pages where you posted your question. Scroo down a little in the llist of suggestions that appears and click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide[UPDATED]" one. That has phone numbers and information on contacting them via Twitter or Facebook.

To see articles on credits, type "credit" in the "Ask a question ..." box having clicked on "Help"

Steve.

Sam271
Level 1
Mount Torrens, Australia

Hey Steve, Thanks for getting in touch and sorry for posting in the wrong section! Turns out it didn't work because I signed up just before she sent the link..even though I followed the link..I was required to sign up from her link also. Thanks for taking the time! Hope you have a great day! Cheers Sam
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Sam271

you may have noticed that easy part is getting your friend to sign up, everything after that is red tape.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow III

Sam271
Level 1
Mount Torrens, Australia

True true! Thanks for getting in touch Cormac! Cheers Sam