Advice please

Advice please

Building Management/  Body corporate have advised  that AirBnB is not allowed in Sydney complex (Drummoyne).  I own the appartment and have rented the unit for 17 years but now looking at AirBnB as a new option.

Could anyone with previous or similar issue or legal background offer advise as I'm keen to pushback and overturn this ruling.

This has only come up today so I'm not armed with relevant strata documents but will dig deeper today to reveal more detail.

Regards

3 Replies 3
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Richard540 I'm sure many hosts have faced this situation, but I would advise consulting a real estate professional / attorney in your area. 

In the meantime, since Airbnb requires that hosts have the necessary permissions from 3rd parties in order to offer their property on Airbnb, you might consider Un-listing your space temporarily so as not to put guests in the middle of the dispute. 

Here's how you would do this: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/476/how-do-i-snooze-or-deactivate-my-listing

Thank you for your information.  Property is not yet listed ... until we are confident this obstacle is out the way and furnished.

Regards

Richard

Rhonda34
Level 4
Western Australia, Australia

If it's put to the strata company and it is voted in. You cannot do a thing. It's like owning a pet. Real estate agents are catching up and putting it in contacts. Shires are catching up as well. Some are ok others not. While cities are putting in place that you cannot do short term rentals due to the fact that locals are being placed out if the local rental market.