Adding few taxpayers to one listing - Spain

Answered!
Lara-and-Stefan0
Level 2
Alicante, Spain

Adding few taxpayers to one listing - Spain

Hi,

We have a listing in Spain, Alicante. Was trying to add one extra taxpayer to this listing as we have multiple payment methods that belong to different taxpayers. Saw this option available some weeks ago but can not find it now. Can anybody help me? 

AirBnb support send us some links and instructions but those links are only for U.S. listings. They also send us a link for additional guidance about assigning earnings between multiple taxpayers ( www.airbnb.com/help/question/320) but this link is not active anymore.

Kind regards,

Lara and Stefan

1 Best Answer
Antonio-Luis0
Level 10
Málaga, Spain

Helo @Lara-and-Stefan0

If I was you, I would write my message on the spanish speaking community, since they will have more updated information on how the recent taxpayer system works. -> https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Todos-los-foros-de-discusi%C3%B3n/ct-p/hospedar

To check the taxpayer information go to "Preferencias de Cobro" and scroll down to "Añadir contribuyente español".

I don't think it would be possible to split the Airbnb income on diferent taxpayers since the new "modelo 174" ask for one taxpayer only. There workaround I could think of was that the one taxpayer set on Airbnb shares the income with the others by a contract that is also reflected on their taxes (declaración de la renta). 

However, the most reasonable solution to avoid any issues with IRS/Hacienda would be to set up a "Comunidad de Bienes" or a "Sociedad Limitada" and make the company be the taxpayer and then share the profits on the different persons you mentioned.

Best regards.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Antonio-Luis0
Level 10
Málaga, Spain

Helo @Lara-and-Stefan0

If I was you, I would write my message on the spanish speaking community, since they will have more updated information on how the recent taxpayer system works. -> https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Todos-los-foros-de-discusi%C3%B3n/ct-p/hospedar

To check the taxpayer information go to "Preferencias de Cobro" and scroll down to "Añadir contribuyente español".

I don't think it would be possible to split the Airbnb income on diferent taxpayers since the new "modelo 174" ask for one taxpayer only. There workaround I could think of was that the one taxpayer set on Airbnb shares the income with the others by a contract that is also reflected on their taxes (declaración de la renta). 

However, the most reasonable solution to avoid any issues with IRS/Hacienda would be to set up a "Comunidad de Bienes" or a "Sociedad Limitada" and make the company be the taxpayer and then share the profits on the different persons you mentioned.

Best regards.

Hello @Antonio-Luis0,

Thank you for all your advices!

We were mostly interested to add this extra taxpayer to reflect correctly our rental  income declaration for 2018 due to 2 payments methods that belong to different taxpayers. Every taxpayer was making it's own tax declaration. Unclear how to sort it to avoid an issue with the Spanish tax authorities.

We will definitely think about "Comunidad de Bienes" or a "Sociedad Limitada" for the new bookings.

Kind regards,

Lara and Stefan

Antonio-Luis0
Level 10
Málaga, Spain

Hello @Lara-and-Stefan0

I would try to match the information that Airbnb is going to send to Hacienda with your Declaración de la renta.

If Airbnb let you know what information wil the use in  Modelo 179, it woud be much easier.

Good luck!

Thank you @Antonio-Luis0

Semen1
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Hi,

I have the same problem. I have to add another tax payer information because we own the property jointly. Since the property jointly own we have to split income 50/50 based on Spanish tax law. I called airbnb contact center and asked them how to do it but they said it is  impossible... In this case Airbnb will provide wrong information to Spanish Tax authorities just because it is not allowed to eneter correct information and add all property owners.

I assume I am not the only one who has this problem. Maybe some one can advise on solution?

Thank you.

**bleep**