2 night stay listing not showing up

Laura162
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

2 night stay listing not showing up

For my listing, we have a 2 night minimum.  Encountering a problem where it does not show up in the search results if you list you are looking for a 2 night stay. If you change it to 3+ nights, it shows up.  This has just recently started happening. Any idea what's going on?  A

Thanks!

12 Replies 12
Marie101
Level 2
Ottawa, Canada

I have the exact same issue. I have the minimum set to 2 nights, and my listing only shows up if I search for 3+ nights. (And just to be clear, by not showing up, I don't mean that it shows up in the lastest pages... I mean that it doesn't show up at all, on any page, even if I zoom in). I wonder if it's the 2 nights minimum setting that causes the issue, or if it's completely unrelated?

I have exact same issue. This occurs for months June Jully August. Contacted support, no answe.

I noticed this happens since they moved pricing to callendar section

Also i cant move my location to correct spot on the map. It just wont save changes

Greg14
Level 2
Manchester, NH

Has anyone found a resolution? I'm having the exact same issue...my minimum is set to 1 night, but searches for 1 or 2 nights stays on dates I know are available don't have me in the results. Searches for stays of 3 or more nights, I then show up...called Airbnb support today but the person I spoke with couldn't help, so he said he's passing the issue along to someone who might be able to resolve it.

I am experiencing the same issue.  One night and two night stays are not showing my listing when using specific dates in the busy season the summer months.  Requesting a three night stays finally show my listing as am option, but honestly, three night stays are very rare.  Most of my customers are 1 or 2 nights.  Airbnb please help! 

Dave-And-Emma0
Level 1
Mountain View, CA

Add me to this list.  With a twist ... I did have a 3 night minimum set for the summer months and removed it about 7 hours ago.  I thought there might a lag time for the change in settings, but it looks like others have the same issue.

Laura,

Sorry you are having this problem too. We have called Customer Service 3 x with nothing being fixed. We depend on single night bookings for 95% of our business. We added a new listing to our current one last month, so now we have 2 rooms. If a "general search" is done for our area with no date restrictions than our all of our listing show up. However, if you put a specific date (one night stay), no listings show up. Although it seems everyone else in our area has listing show for one night. I think this problem started when they added the new feature about if you accept children, pets, parties, etc.. Feel as though some kind of computer glitch with Airbnb program.

Last night we started a new listing for our property. If the old one is not fixed soon then we will delete it. We have also lost all of our 86 Five-star reviews and Super Host designation. Starting from scratch after working so hard.

We started another blog here, "1 and 2 night stays not showing up".

Sincerely,

Jim & Crystal, Eliot, ME USA

Greg14
Level 2
Manchester, NH

Unfortunately, this is by design...Airbnb are quietly doing an experiment with our listings.

Here is what they finally emailed me a few days (and a few back and forth communications) after I noticed the issue:

"We make ongoing changes to the search page and features available to help travelers find the listings that are most relevant to their needs and desires. That often includes experimenting with the placement or existence of different buttons or filters, and gathering associated data to see what our users like best. At this time, we're experimenting with search results for valued hosts and listings which is why your listing is showing up for less than 3 days in upcoming months, this will allow you to take on bigger reservations on following months, however, your listing will also show up for shorter reservations if they are made in the current month (ex: the listing is shown for one night in May since it is the current month).

We are always working to improve our products and policies, and we encourage you to submit your feedback in direct reply to this email. Even when unable to accommodate all requests, Airbnb truly values user feedback -- your voice is both powerful and essential. I’ll be sure to pass your thoughts on to the right team.

Thank you for your time and contribution."

Louisa0
Level 2
Cheltenham, United Kingdom

Greg, have you spoken to airbnb since you received that e-mail? I'm phoning and e-mailing them everyday at the moment but no resolution so far - it's more than frustrating.

Louisa0
Level 2

Hi Nan, I feel for you! I have spoken to a couple of reps at airbnb who have been quite helpful. No one has said it's a permanent thing and they are hoping to fix the change but can't give me a timeframe. I made the decision to create a new listing but under the same account so guests can still see reviews if they click on your profile. It's time consuming and a bit fiddly managing 2 calendars but worth it as now my new listing is showing correctly for 1 and 2 night stays. I felt extremely frustrated and annoyed but creating the new listing has helped. I have given feedback to airbnb detailing my frustration and annoyance at the lack of consultation-not sure if it makes any difference. Good luck!

@Louisa0 - Thanks so much! I'm so happy to report my listing is fixed! Not sure if the whole experiment is over or they just got tired of me calling but a lovely lovely rep helped me through it at last! Check your listing out - hopefully it's good to go!

Louisa0
Level 2

Hi Nan, I just checked and my listing is fixed now too , what a relief. I'm still annoyed and now have 2 listings for the same place!! Hopefully this won't reoccur. I hope you continue to be successful with your listing x
Nan2
Level 2
Decatur, GA

@Louisa0@Laura162@Greg14@Dave-And-Emma0@Crys-and-Jim0: There're a couple of other conversations about this (including one Crys & Jim started) - you've probably seen them. I'm not sure how many people are in the experiment. I guess not enough to make a big enough uproar to get airbnb's attention. I got an email similar to Greg's last week as a response to my multiple calls to airbnb since mid-April. My email said the change to my account was permanent. I then asked to be removed from the experiment - it has completely disrupted what I had started building (just began hosting in mid-Feb and it was going great! Now I'm down to just 2 more bookings - 2 nights, of course - and that's it for summer). But anyway, it seems the customer experience team passes my info/request to the product team, and there it dies. I called (again) last Thurs and yesterday - spoke with fantastic reps who apologized profusely and swore they were going to get to bottom of this once and for all, and then I never heard another word - not even the courtesy email they send. Which is very odd. Have you guys called airbnb about this recently? Has anyone had any success in getting anywhere? I feel like I'm going to have to deactivate my listing and create a new one and just start all over, or else just drop out entirely. I'm so frustrated and disappointed with this situation. And unpleasantly surprised.