#1 on my wish list for Airbnb: a (much) less glitchy platform

Ann3
Level 10
Savannah, GA

#1 on my wish list for Airbnb: a (much) less glitchy platform

Well, it happened again:  I typed a comprehensive reply to a guest's many questions, and when I sent it, it just disappeared.  It's so hard to provide swift responses when the platform glitches out more than half the time!  I end up handling messaging on my phone, but booking reservations on my laptop.  One thing works on the phone, the other works on the laptop, and yes, I clear my cache, try switching between Chrome and Safari, restart, yadda yadda.  How hard can it be to fix the messaging problems?  I know it is not just me, and I have tried every possible workaround, but once again find myself incredibly frustrated by seeing the evil 401 error pop up.  I realize I am kvetching, and not for the first time, but maybe if others chime in, we'll get some action on this.

4 Replies 4
Luis-and-Tati0
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi @Ann3

Same here... from time to time I have problems... I learned how to deal with most of them... for example before sending a message I always copy the text before sending it, if it have a problem I just need to reaload the app/page, paste the response and try to send it again...

But the real problem is alignment of the website and the app...

For example the APP still not showing that smoking or pets are not allowed at your place...

To send a special offer via the website you need to enter the full amount and on the app you need to enter how much you want per day including all the fees...

Guest ususally have more problems because they are not used to it...

It really feels they can't  get the two together working in the same manner and in a reliable way...

Hi, Luis & Tati:  I always try to remember copy the text, too, then I e-mail the text to myself via my regular e-mail before I hit the "send message" button so I can pick it up on the phone or laptop if it errors out.  Is that clunky or what?  When I forget, it seems like it's always a longer e-mail with answers to multiple questions!  So end up re-typing it on the app.  I guess the biggest annoyance is the inconsistency. If it always worked one way or the other I would probably just end up working around it.  But it's time-consuming.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

It's a classic example of a compay growing incredibly quickly but it's systems not being able to cope with it's success. We can all list minor daily glitches, which should never happen, from dates on your diary mysteriously blocking and unblocking to messages disappearing or not coming through. Again, the gap between the app and 'pc' based solution is a typical issue with companies growing too fast and not investing enough. 

It is a pity as it reflect badly on its branch - more and more so as the problems seem to be growing rather than reducing. While no one likes change the introduction of badly designed and thought through community boards is evidence that the wrong strategy is in place for their platform development. 

Hi all, I have the same problem starting today.  At the INBOX I get the message:  Can not lead news messages, and when I try to SEND a message I won't send and I get error 401.

Is there any known solution for it by now?