wrong prices given to guest

Answered!
Marco234
Level 2
Banya, Bulgaria

wrong prices given to guest

Hi there, i recieved a inquiery for the period 21/09 untill 25/09 and told this guest that i could host him for the period 22/09 untill 25/09 so in total 3 overnights.

The daily price per night in September is set on 190 Eu on my calendar but the guest got a different price namely 238 Eu a day and payed the total.

Now i will have to inform him about this issue and refund him the overpaid amount.

It happend allready before that my prices for next year got set on a price which i never set myself and therefore had to cancel the booking with the guest and as a bonus a got a nice statement on my revieuw list that i cancel bookings, which is total unfair as the system failed with my price setting.

How will airbnb take care about this and refund this guest his money with the right commision calculation??

Greetings to all Airbnb fans, Marco

1 Best Answer
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Guests do not pay the listing price.  There are added fees to pay.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Guests do not pay the listing price.  There are added fees to pay.

yes, there are fees added to the price, but 48 €/ night ?????

Valerie182
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

I have had numerous requests for three month +/- accommodations.  My daily rate is R450+ but I give a 20% discount for long lets.  For instance a request for three month/four month accommodation is given as R1940/R2000+ which is roughly four times my daily rate.  I CANNOT FIND A WAY TO GET IN TOUCH WITH A HUMAN BEING TO SORT THIS OUT INSPITE OF CLICKING ON "A BUG IN THE SYSTEM"!  I am seriously thinking of de-listing because I am working so hard giving the correct amounts which of course the people cannot afford!  And getting more and more frustrated.  

Can someone help me?  But not straight away as I have to get my studio ready for a medical guest coming from outside of Cape Town local in the greater area.  I DO NOT NEED THIS FRUSTRATION.

Valerie

Wendy294
Level 1
New Zealand

I have had a guest cancel due to being quoted one price and then being charged another. Wrote to them explaining that my price has always been $130 NZ. They tried again. This was their responce. " Hi Wendy, 
In order to check I wasn’t going mad, I placed several booking requests through Airbnb today for your accommodation - all quoted $106 per night. However, since receiving your email, mysteriously the price has changed to $131 per night. I can only assume that upon receiving my email, you’ve since changed it. 
There is nothing more frustrating for a customer than seeing something advertised at a certain price, only to discover it’s incorrect."

This is very upsetting and so far I have had no reply to my emails to Airbnb. Thinking of leaving as this is not good for business. Very cross!

I had a message from someone trying to book and getting a higher price charged. It turned out that my listing is in swiss franks CHF, they also are located in Switzerland but had for some reason EUR currency set in theire profile. Once they changed that to CHF they needed to pay far less.

Elizabeth1079
Level 2
Fontcouverte, France

Yes, there realy is a problem with the system. I have a similar case. My nightly price is 40 euros  but I allow a discount for longer stays - say a month and over - at the time of a recent booking for 40 nights  however, Airbnb for some reason used a nightly rate as low as 26 euros??? I am not sure where they got that from!!!!!