writing Reviews

Johan1
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

writing Reviews

1. How can I remind a guest to write a review about his stay at my self catering holiday home?  2. What instructions can I send him to facilitate this? 3. How do I go about writing  a review about a guest? 4. I haven't received any prompts to write a review and wonder whether the guest got a prompt?

3 Replies 3
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You  get an email about a day after the guest  leaves asking you to write a review. The guest gets one as well. There is little point in chasing guests for reviews if they don't wish to write one - don't worry about it - most do

Fiona1
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

Hi Johan

You should recieve a prompt a couple of days after your guests leave. They also recieve one. Just to let you know, some don't respond to the prompts and don't leave reviews which can be very frustrating for us as hosts. When I first started with Airbnb I had a guest book (which I still have) and my first guests left a lovely review in it and I took a photo of that and posted it in my photos until such time as I started receiving a few good reviews on Airbnb.

Happy hosting 🙂

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Johan1 @Gerry-And-Rashid0 Hi there Johan....Yeah, people who don't leave reviews are frustrating! In most instances though, it's newer guests to the system do not understand the significance of reviews to hosts! But I do have a strategy that seems to work!

Johan I have received 100% straight up 5 star reviews....... because I don't let them get away!!!

If, on your listing, under your 'messages' tab, you go into individual messages , even once a guest has left, you will notice a 'send message' tab indicating that you still have message contact with the guest. When the review window of two weeks is getting near its expiry, I send the guest a friendly little hello message hoping they still think about us and ask if they could find a moment to leave a couple of lines in the review window.

Johan some of them are just simply too busy, what with travelling and all, and they (in a lot of instances) just forget, and this jogs their memory or, at least makes them feel guilty if they haven't done so. The only one I lost was my very first guest when I was not awake up to this trick. Invariably when I do this they not only shoot back a quick 'sorry' response, but they also attend to that review.

Give it a try Johan and see how you go.....Good luck with your hosting....Cheers....Rob