unhappy host

Rebecca33
Level 1
United Kingdom

unhappy host

I have a guest who arrived last night at 9pm and spoke very little to us and went to bed all okay except that at 1am he decided to get up and start working for the day which kept the whole house up! I put it down to Jet lag and said nothing. He has slept all day and it is now 9.30pm and he is now up ready to start working which probably means another night of being kept awake. I asked his reason for booking when he requested the days and he answered work but I never accured to me that meant sleeping all day and using our bedroom as an office all night. He has now told me that is how the whole week will go. What to I do as it is Tuesday and he is staying until Saturday. He does not speak much English.

1 Reply 1
Jessa0
Level 10
Ngorongoro, Tanzania

what noise is he making though? If he is yelling mandarin at the top of his lungs into his phone for 3 hours that might be grounds for rehoming him, but if he is typing on a computer and the noise isolation is that bad you're in a bit of a pickle... Have you tried cutting off the WiFi if he is on some all night skype conference thing? Did that with a guest who'd fall asleep with her laptop in bed playing youtube on repeat on highest volume so it went through to my room, worked wonders 🙂