uncomfortable with present guest.. help !!!

Sue-and-John0
Level 3
Salt Lake City, UT

uncomfortable with present guest.. help !!!

My current guest originally booked for one week and then extended for an additional week which goes through this coming Tuesday. He is mentioned he wants to extend again however, I do not want him to extend and don't know if I'm allowed to tell him that or how I should tell him.

Situation is that he sleeps all day which isn't the problem. But when he gets up around 7 p.m. he leaves the house drinks till the bars close and then staggers back home. He comes in very loud either talking on the phone or banging doors  and stays up the rest of the night . Problem is my house literally smells like alcohol I haven't been in his room of course,  so I don't know if he's so passed out that he has thrown up but the smell is really  bad. How do I keep him from rebook? 

12 Replies 12
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

First, block your first available date(s), so he can't extend his current stay.

Then, if you are sufficiently uncomfortable, contact Airbnb to have him removed now.

Sue-and-John0
Level 3
Salt Lake City, UT

Thank you for replying! I'm not to the point that I need him removed ... yet. He leaves Tuesday and Wednesday is booked I'm afraid he will book the next available date, Thursday. Not sure how to tell this guy I don't want him to rebook

I think in your shoes I would block enough dates that it’s impractical for him to rebook. Then the minute he checks out leave him a one star thumbs down review and he will not be able to rebook with you. If/when the blocking feature is working you can block him so he can’t even see you.

I didn't know a one star thumbs down  review would block him from being able to book. Thank you  

If you leave a 1 star thumbs down they can't Instant Book but can't they still request to book?  inquire about booking?  Maybe the only way to keep them away 100% is to block them?

If you have Instant Book you can turn it off now and then you can decline when he sends a request if he ever does.

Not sure where you block someone

I figured out how to block but probably shouldn't do it till he checks out just in case he needs to msg me?

That's probably right... good luck, and I hope the room is not a disaster when he leaves and you will give him an honest review for the sake of other hosts.

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hello @Sue-and-John0

Of course you can decide to NOT accept an extended stay by a guest.

It is after all YOUR property.

Do the request decline via the Air bnb site and also phone air bnb asap about this situation.

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Also rather than block dates......change your booking system to stays no longer than 3 nights.

Inclyde a cleaning charge, so after each block of 3 nights a cleaning fee is applied.

Thiscwill discourage long stays....obviously your listing price is far too cheap....hike up your price to discourage this type of guest.

Charlotte429
Level 1
United Kingdom

hi what do you do if you have a current guest thats already checked in but are feeling uncomfortable?

@Charlotte429I would call Airbnb right away and let them know, and if you're feeling uncomfortable enough, you can ask to have them re-located to another Airbnb.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide-UPDATED/m-p/413245