total payment amount incorrect

Estée0
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

total payment amount incorrect

I am on Airbnb and own a bed and breakfast for about a year now. One of my rooms, has had the same concern three times in a row now.

A potential guest makes an inquiry and the stay is long(about three months) The price total given is totally incorrect. I am from Cape Town South Africa, so in South African Rand (ZAR) I just recieved a potential booking worth 88 500ZAR that showed up as 3 240ZAR which is not even a 10th of the total. 

Is there something that I may be doing incorrectly? Given that this is my only source of income, I am greatly disturbed and am considering not doing business with Airbnb in future.

3 Replies 3

Yes. Work your calendar with a daily rate that pencils out.
Melanie58
Level 10
Boise, ID

Go to your pricing settings and see if you have on weekly or monthly discounts. When I opened my account, i was surprised that Airbnb had autofilled these with an amount.  That's my best guess, and it would result in a automatic discounted rate being quoted.

Same happened to me this morning. My space is advertised at 29 British Pounds x night, and I am on the express/instant booking.

Guest paid only 28 Pounds and got instant booking. Airbnb did not query or stop the booking.

It is only 1 Pound, and I actually queried directly with my guest, as I dont want to upset anybody for 1 pound. But that is very wrong