thinking out loud - "message seen" and "last online"

Natasa5
Level 3
Šibenik, Croatia

thinking out loud - "message seen" and "last online"

Wouldn't it be cool if airbnb could have these 2 options.  I would like to have it not only to know if the guests who booked read my message and are not replying on purpose , but also for the ones I pre-approved booking. Just to know if they are not interested anymore if they read it and never reply because sometimes minutes/hours are important for approving another request (in situations when that first pre-approved request is "more attractive" reservation then another request you received)

What do you think?

8 Replies 8
Brett16
Level 1
Málaga, Spain

Totally agree, lots of time waisted waiting for people to answer. As you say somtimes you have a better request and you lose it because your waiting for an answer

Actually my problem at the moment is that I'm "puttin on ice" some reservations for few days because im waiting the one with a lot more days to reply. On the end it can happen that i will lose them all. Dunno what to do, Im new at hosting and I know its my risk but as I said-just think this would be helpful 🙂

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Natasa5, Not sure how you are putting them on ice? First guest to actually pay for a booking gets it, even if it is a shorter booking.

@Sandra126 of course that is correct-when u have booking.

But in my example I'm talking about inquiries that could become booking:

1) I get request from person A, let say, period from 1.-20.august and I pre-approve it

2) then I get request for person B for period 8-15. august, which is only 7 days and it's in the middle of possible 1. request

3) I tell person B that I'm waiting for person A to reply (ofc - that is 20 days compared to 7)

4) person A is not responding (has 24 hrs to book), in the meantime person B could ask someone else and get reservation

If I saw that person A read my message and is not replying on purpose I would approve person B, but since I do not see it -  im patient.

I hope I'm more clear now 🙂

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Natasa5, makes sense! It is a good idea overall and I hope they take it up. There are several good ideas from users here if Air feels that way.

Hi @Natasa5

Happened to me a few time, I Just tell to A if he can reply in 1/2 hours max, because I have another request in waiting, if the guest A not reply in this time I just take guest B, also if is less days.
don't take useless risk to lost both, give them a timing.

Cheers Raf

That sounds good. Most of the requesting people don't answer. Even if I could send them upfront a booking confirmation, I still don't know if they will show up. We need some time to organize the apartment in the mountains at our quality standard the day before arrival...hanging in the air because of no answers from guests makes it even more difficult to insure. A simple tracker as suggested could help a lot.

Viele Grüsse,

Claudia

Outdoor and Relax in Black Forest

Ana7
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

I was asking the same thing recently, I don't think it would be a major problem for airbnb to provide the users with this option...