super host criteria

Dragan8
Level 1
Laguna Hills, CA

super host criteria

On the Stats page, Becoming a Superhost section it says: " You're not meeting the requirements for Superhost status—we hope you will soon!". On the same page, it shows my stats and they are:

Completed Trips: 17
Commitment Rate: 100%
Response Rate: 100%
5 Star Trips: 93%

That according to the criteria, satisfies Superhost requirements.
What should I do and how to correct this?

14 Replies 14
Kendra5
Level 1
New York, NY

HI:) I am now a Superhost but am curious if the amount of time you have been using Airbnb makes that difference?

The amount of time is not in the criteria, so that shouldn't be it. Btw, I  satisfied criteria in approx 2 months.

I could be wrong so correct me if I am. But I thought for sure I read somewhere that you have to be hosting for a year in order to meet criteria even if all other areas are met. Perhaps that's the issue..
Sharon114
Level 10
Lincoln, United Kingdom

There is no time restriction.  If you meet the criteria, you are awared superhost.

Sharon114
Level 10
Lincoln, United Kingdom

Me too.  I hosted my first guest mid August 2015 and attained superhost status October 2015.  You will probably get your superhost when the evaluation is carried out on 1st October.  Superhost evaluations are carried out every 3 months.  It works the same with losing your superhost (if you have cancelled a reservation for example).  You keep it until the next review.

Lisa40
Level 6
Edgewood, WA

You are meeting the requirements, but they don't do the next Superhost assessment until next month. You will then get your status updates. Good job!

Thanks Lisa, that is correct, but it says that I do not meet criteria on the today's page. It is definitely misleeding, but what if their algorithm really decided that I do not meet criteria?

Ours says the exact same thing, and we are meeting all of the criteria, and have for some time.  I don't believe there is anything wrong.  I've seen this same comment as yours from others since we started and began tracking our stats.  I think it has to do with having to wait until the next assessment date.   We're in the same boat, and I'm confident you and I will be Superhosts after the Oct 1st assessment (which takes about 14 days).  Good job!

Mark26
Level 10
Melbourne Beach, FL

I wouldn't worry about it.  Seriously....  I wouldn't worry about it.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Dragan8......Your reviews are wonderful....you are obviously a great host who goes out of his way to make your guests stay a moment to remember! I am sure your Superhost status is just around the corner Dragan. Although other posts have suggested it takes a year to achieve, we got ours in 9 months so I would suggest you wait a few weeks and you may well be added to that band.

I can't say that having the status makes a lot of difference to us....and we will probably loose ours in the next quarterly assessment because, I do not use Airbnb exclusively and in fact have been hosting in other directions since April this year, so I am expecting to get that phrase you mentioned....I have not been meeting the required criteria!!

The way the company are treating changes to their structure without giving any consideration to their 'Bread and butter' worries me and I have diversified my hosting options. Having said that we do have five guest bookings with Airbnb over the next few months, so we will possibly get it back again at some future point.

Good luck Dragan, don't be too disappointed if you are not rewarded in the next assessment, life goes on, the guests still come. You are doing the most important thing already....you are being that type of host that made Airbnb the company that it is today!

And congratulations for that, you are the essence of hosting....All the best for the future....cheers....Rob

Hi Rob, Thanks for kind words. I will keep in mind what you said.

I would also like to learn what other hosting options you use since, I guess, I am in the same boat. I am not sure that Airbnb allows any explicit info here about that but maybe we can communicate through other private channels.

Lisa40
Level 6
Edgewood, WA

You are meeting the requirements, but they don't do the next Superhost assessment until next month. You will then get your status updated. Good job!
Beth27
Level 3
Greenwood Lake, NY

This has happened to me as well. I have met all the criteria for a full quarter and my stats confirm it but I was not provided SH status. That happened for two full quarters. Every time I contacted Airbnb, they would say my communication was less than what was needed despite my stats stating otherwise. Honestly, I think they have a bug in their programming and I became tired of having the same song & dance with them. I eventually got it so my recommendation is either voice your concern to them or wait until the next review. Good Luck!

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

This verbage is really misleading, and to be honest, for a new host discouraging. Someone didn't think this one through.