stars and reviews

stars and reviews

Hello,

I am a new host and just had my first traveler stay at my home. She was very comunicative and pleasant and I thought it would have been a smooth first hosting weekend, However, when she checked out and I arrived to clean my home, I was shocked. It looked like they had a frathouse party. Items of clothing left behind, smoking paraphinalia (in a non smoking house BTW), left all over my deck outside, sticky counters and my couch cushions were all off the couch, as well as the lude pictures drawn on my kitchen chalk board.

She had left me a 5 star rating and a good review. I did not want to bash her as nothing was broken so I decided to be short and sweet and just say she was pleasant to deal with, but I did privatly email her and suggest that she may want to do a final walk thru in the future  in case her guests leave such items as they did in my home, behind. Upon looking for the review and 5 star rating she had left me originally, it is now gone? Can guests remove their review?

Heidi 

7 Replies 7
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Glad you posted this, brings up a VERY interesting question. Both reviews, your and her's, are gone? I it is plausible she got 'offended' and asked Airbnb to remove the whole 'event', as odd as that sounds.

mine is still there about her being pleasant to deal with.

Ah, but her's is gone. Fascinating event, for yours then appears as if addressing a 'ghost'

@Heidi175, I had not heard of that happening before, but apparently travelers can ask for their own review to be removed.

Maybe they claimed that their own review violated the AirBnB content policy?

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@Heidi175 First of all, I think you handled the entire situation most brilliantly - And as a new host, to boot! Just FYI, there is a software bug going on in the Airbnb platform (perhaps related to all the new product roll-outs and over-loaded servers); for weeks and weeks many of us have been reporting problems with our reviews (and responses); primarily, that they are not showing on our listings, but may show on our profiles. The other day, many of us had reviews from last October suddenly appear as the top reviews in our listing. Then those 'disappeared'. I have had to call Airbnb many times so they can 'refresh' my page and get the review to show on my listing. Today I had to call again on yet another review and it still has not appeared. So it may be that the reviews disappeared because of software issues, and not because of anything that was written. Hope that helps!

thank you all for your help. I will contact Airbnb to see if anything is up on their end.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Btw, also a computer hitch with payouts, and they will reset their system on March 2nd or so to execute fixes.