reviews after 1 year

Claire155
Level 2
United Kingdom

reviews after 1 year

Hi there all!

I am wondering what happens to reviews aged 1 year+ . In February this year I moved house, and have since made a big effort with airbnb, and im quite close to getting 'superhost' status. However, between august and december last year I hosted 3 times at my old flat, which wasnt such a great place, and the reviews werent great either. 

Will the calculation for superhost status continue to include the older reviews, or is it just reviews from the last year that count (like the response rate and commitment) it would be fab if the old reviews became void as my percentage of 5* star reviews will go up. 

Am i too optimistic? Are these reviews going to haunt me forever? 

Many thanks!

4 Replies 4
Sharon114
Level 10
Lincoln, United Kingdom

Hi there, the way I understand it is that assessment for super host takes place every three months and if you meet their requirements, i.e. minimum 10 completed bookings in a 12 month period, 100% commitment (no cancellations) etc, then old reviews shouldn't be too much of a problem.  You are aiming for 80% of your reviews being 5*, if all these are achieved then I see no problem.  Good luck.

hi thanks sharon, i was just wondering if the 80% 5star reviews includes all reviews ever, or if its just the percentage of 5* reviews from the last 12 months?

Zandra0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

It's just from the last 12 months. Sadly I know this from experience as my very good reviews when I started hosting no longer count and I'm suddenly miles away from superhost status. Last year saw an average of 82% over the year, this has dropped to 64% following a rash of 4 star reviews in autumn/winter last year.

oh thanks zandra, sorry to hear that, but i am now looking forward to getting rid of some 4* reviews!

many thanks 🙂