request accepted without approval

Rae5
Level 1
Grass Valley, CA

request accepted without approval

Has anyone every had a request be accepted without you (the host) actually accepting it?  I had not been on the site for several weeks, when I looked at it to change my calendar and saw a darling couple had been accepted on a booked night.  I had never accepted it...she is dissappoinnted and I feel terrible and confused...any suggestions. Do I need to call Airbnb to check on this problem.  Thanks

8 Replies 8
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Rae5,

You have Instant Book turned on and this is why it was automatically accepted.

David

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

You need to make sure your calendar is up to date all the time. Instant Book means guests will book with the click of a buttom, no questions asked. There are financial penalties involved when you cancel as the host, as well as a blocked calendar (which won't bother you this time) and no superhost status for 12 months. You probably need to familiarise yourself with the site quickly ot this sort of thing will happen again.

Can I turn off the instant booking

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

You can try, but as a new host it might not be possible as a percetage of new host listings have compulsory Instant Book. Your Listing - Booking - Instant Book settings.

Yeah, tried that...you are right it looks like I don't have an option....grrr...thanks for the help!

can I turn off instant booking

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

In your message you reported that the couple booked a date that was already booked.  I wonder how that happened.  If the prior booking was through Air BNB you should contact Air BNB (best through Twitter) to ensure that you are not credited with a cancellation which has many negative consequenses.

@Linda108, they would have booked booked from elsewhere and the calendar not updated, common problem!