removing signing in the profile with facebook

Martin587
Level 1
Varna, Bulgaria

removing signing in the profile with facebook

Hi, please reccomend how to remove the need to sign in with my facebook profile.
Please contact me to remove that.

Best reagrads

Martin

4 Replies 4
Adrian236
Level 2
Northampton, United Kingdom

Hello. I have the same query as Martin and it is very important that I get this resolved asap. To explain further until the last few days I have just been a traveller. I have now become a co-host and will be managing a whole property with 3 rooms. We tend to get quite a lot of short term stays for people working in the area. This means that a lot of messages can arrive on the same day and need to be replied to quickly. So ideally I need to be able to access AirBnB messages on my work computer. Unfortunately this means I can get onto the AirBnB website at work but cannot log in as Facebook is blocked on work computers. So I need to change my login details to either logging in with Google or email. As I work in Finance I cannot have my phone or tablet in operation while at my desk. I hope somebody can help me with this as I have spent ages trying to find an answer on here with no joy. 

Thanks in advance, 

Adrian

Ishbel4
Level 1
Montrose, United Kingdom

Hi I also have this problem and need to be able to sign in with my email address and not facebook. How do you remove the facebook login and make your email your login. Surely Airbnb have an option other than to start a new account which would mean losing already established reviews and status??? Hoping someone has figured by now. I have been to Privacy and unchecked the share with facebook but it doesnt solve the problem of having to sign in with facebook, which is no longer an option for me. 

Thanks in advance

Ishbel

Kathie21
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Adrian236 @Ishbel4 @Martin587    If you go to your Airbnb profile and select Privacy, there's a section headed Social Connections and a link to Trust & Verification where you can disconnect your Facebook or Google account from your Airbnb account.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Ishbel4  Make sure you have the right email set in your profile, by clicking on your profile, then Settings Edit the Contact Information on the right hand side of the screen. Once you have made sure your email is correct follow the steps below.

Here are the full steps.. You need to sign in with Facebook or Google to proceed' dialog:

1) Click on your Profile Picture  -> Settings -> Privacy -> Social Connections -> untick Share my activity

2) Edit profile -> Trust & Verification -> disconnect Facebook or Google

3) Log out

4) Try to Log back in with only your email. If you get the 'You need to sign into Facebook or Google dialog' continue with step (5)

5) Log out if you're logged in. On the login page, click FORGOT PASSWORD. This will send a reset password email - go through that and reset your password. Then login again with your email. No more mandatory Facebook or Google dialog!