"These dates aren't available. You need to select available ones first."

Answered!
Lucy212
Level 2
New York, NY

"These dates aren't available. You need to select available ones first."

Even though my calendar is open for the dates my guest wants, and even though the availability settings are all congruent, I am getting this error message: "These dates aren't available. You need to select available ones first."

Please advise! Thanks.

1 Best Answer
Julie--And-Brian-0
Level 3
Colorado Springs, CO

This has happened to me in the past, and actually pretty recently. I believe it was either a hiccup with the system - or something on the guest's end that they had to complete.  The reservation eventually went through.  Give it some time  - if it doesn't go through, call Airbnb. 

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Lucy212 ,

There is something wrong with your listing, if i simulate to make a reservation on your listing, calculation is not performed after entering the dates. Maybe check your settings. Best regards, Emiel

Thanks! I'll take a look.

Julie--And-Brian-0
Level 3
Colorado Springs, CO

This has happened to me in the past, and actually pretty recently. I believe it was either a hiccup with the system - or something on the guest's end that they had to complete.  The reservation eventually went through.  Give it some time  - if it doesn't go through, call Airbnb. 

Thanks Julie and Brian! Do you recall the steps that the guests in your case completed, in order to solve this?

We are planning to wait a few hours and see if AirBNB syncs everything within the system. But if there are any other steps to be aware of, let me know!

I believe this last time was an issue with their credit card and securing payment.  Another time it was because they were still in the process of creating a profile (new Airbnb users) and there was a hang up on their verification process.  The system thought they had booked the space (even though they hadn't - hadn't been verified) and so when they finally got everything correct and went to book it was as if the space wasn't available. Does that make sense?