pricing per room

pricing per room

the site wants to keep renting the whole house for on set price how do i fix this because we rent by the room

7 Replies 7
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@James--Jill0 That's what the settings under 'Basics' are for - choose private room and not entire home.

First of all, either snooze your listing or take Instant Book off. If somebody books now they are entitled to the whole house at that price!!

If you have more than one room for rent, make an extra listing for each room, but make sure you state in each listing that you have 5 other rooms that you rent out to guests like in a guest house, so that this is clear to pple wanting to book a room. Also make sure you state in each listing whether the bathroom is private or has to be shared.

Hi Andrea,

I have the same question, and its not still clear to me. So I have to add a whole listing (so two listings in total) for the two rooms I want to rent? But can I use still the same name of my house?

I thank you for your help!

Best,

Suzanne

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Suzanne126

Every bookable unit has to be listed extra.

You can use your same Casa description, but to avoid confusion differentiate so that neither you nor guests mix them up (Casa 1, Casa 2...).

And I would clearly state in the description summary at the top that it is one of 2 guest rooms. That way guests needing 2 rooms will see it and also guests will know that they're going to be crossing paths in the house with other guests.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Suzanne126

I'm not sure now if you actually also rent to groups of guests who don't know each other, like for ex. I book for 2, and somebody from the other side of the world books the other room, and we (strangers to each other) share the bathroom??

If you only want families or groups coming together to book, then making separate listings is not the way to go.

I saw on your listing that it was booked a few days ago.

This means that u are renting to them both rooms with bathroom. All this for your base price (30eu as it is shown to me) plus the extra amount per person after 2 guests.

John498
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Very good question! I am finding no-one wants to rent the rooms individually but I have been busy this week with the whole apartment being rented out. I do make it clear in the individual rooms that a second room may be rented but have had no enquiries for either.

I understand about not wanting to share with strangers but you would be doing that with a host you haven't met yet if you book just a room in the house. I have locks for both rooms too. I am perplexed why those on a budget wouldn't want to take it as my location is great.

As London will have a 90 day restriction I will have to go to one room listing and stay in the other if I hit 90 days. Hopefully my other reviews will help me get bookings for the single room if guests ever read the "other reviews" section that is.

Is anyone else finding it quiet in the run up to Christmas and future bookings for January?

Hi,

Thanks for helping out!

Yes I just have changed it to the extra guest fee. Because we only want to rent the second room for families or friends. So I think this will be a good solution.

Thanks again!

Best,

Suzanne

You must make a different listing for each of the configurations that you want to rent.  So:

1.  whole house = price per night for entire place plus fees for extra guests if necessary
  2. room 1 = price for this room only plus fees for extra guests if necessary 
  3. room 2 = same room 1 as above
  4. room 3 = same room 1 as above
  5. rooms 1 & 2 = price for these 2 rooms only plus fees for extra guests if necessary
  6. rooms 1 & 3 = same as scenario #5 above
  7. rooms 2 & 3 = same as scenario #5 above

That means if you rent room 1 you can still rent room 2 and 3 separately or as a pair (scenarios #3, #4, and #7) Coordinate your calendars to make sure you don't double book.