one recent bad review out of 23 good reviews

Marie30
Level 1
New York, NY

one recent bad review out of 23 good reviews

Hi everyone, 

I just want to find out if there's tips or tricks on what to do with one bad review that stands out because it's the most recent.  I have long term guests at the moment and they won't be able to review until check out on May.  I've noticed that I don't have any bookings for the past months and I have 68 views for this month alone.  I lowered my price to the cheapest I've had but still no bookings or inquiries at all.  I contacted airbnb about this but no effort to solve the issue for my part as a host.  The guest's review was bad and derogatory.  I've done my part to help her and accomodate her but the guest was just very direspectful.  I feel like airbnb is always for the guests not the hosts.  Any suggestions? I appreciate it!

Marie

2 Replies 2
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

This may sound a bit paranoid and does not really answer your question, but why would a NY couple rent an NY apartment in the first place ? Leaving a bad review hinting at local laws and regulations, it looks like they are deliberately trying to limit your business.  You have their full names - have you made an investigation into who they really are ?

And if you are violating local regulations regarding short term rental, they even have a point.  

The trick is to leave a public factual response to the review for future potential guests to see.  

Luis-and-Tati0
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi @Marie30,

First about inquiries and reservations... We only see a great influx of inquiries and reservations for dates between 60-90 days away from arrival... 

As @Marit-Anne0 already mentioned, your guest is right and you even put on the description of your place... 
The review sound like somebody that didn’t like the big city specially walking 4 flights up... 

I would include the floor number on the description and remove from your house rules the saying about the neighbors; you always can send the reminder in a message...

The only thing you can do is leave an honest public response so other can see along the review…

Luis