my location is private- Only confirmed guests see my exact address. how i can change it? thanks..

Dovi0
Level 2
Israel

my location is private- Only confirmed guests see my exact address. how i can change it? thanks..

my location is private-  Only confirmed guests see my exact address. how i can change it? thanks..

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why would you want to?

People can see your location before they book by looking at the map and then get the exact location when they book. This is for your safety so people wilth ill intentions such as thiefs or squatters can't identify your property.

you're right. but when im looking in the map, i cant find my listing...

Sharon114
Level 10
Lincoln, United Kingdom

The circle on the map is only meant as a guide to the location of your property.  Potential guests can get a good idea of your location from the description you provide in your listing, i.e. distance from popular attractions or events.  Personally I would not want guests to know my exact address until they have a confirmed and paid for reservation.  There are a lot of people who look at your listing without making an enquiry/reservation and you would be inviting them to come to your property without going through airbnb.

ya. i know. and i got this.

thanks.

the problem is- when i search for a place to stay in my area,as a random pesron, my listing isnt showing up.

in my preferences it says its listed.

so i dont know why...?

anyone have an idea?

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Dovi0 I found your listing by entering Jerusalem, 24-25 October, with entire home checked and I'd zoomed in a bit to the approximate part of the city where your listing is. It was returned on page 7 which might because there are so many properties on Airbnb in Jerusalem.

rehavia.jpg

I know the area well as we lived in Beit Hanina in the north of Jerusalem from 1997 to 2000 and our daughter was born at the Hadassa Ein Karem Hospital. I'd love to go back one day.

oh thank you!

that is strange cause i couldnt find that...

but thanks again.

maybe its sth in my laptop.

you're welcome to visit always!;)