just a wee rant

Paula66
Level 2
Nelson, New Zealand

just a wee rant

HI,

In my listing description, I mention we live on a road close to town, not in the qute countryside. But some people still comment on it  in reviews and mark us down on location. I do understand 95% of people dont read anything, but its still annoying. Airbnb are so in love with their star system, I feel like a naughty child when I dont get 5 stars.. 

Happy New Year, everyone.

1 Reply 1
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Paula66  This is one reason I don't have Instant Book.  I'm out in the countryside (about 10 miles out of town) and people don't realize that when I say countryside, I mean country side.  So what I do is before I confirm a reservation request I reiterate where I am located and ask the guest to re-check the map to make sure my location suits their plans.  That puts the burden on them to confirm my place is acceptable location-wise.  As a result, my downgraded stars for location have stopped.  They have no one else to blame but themselves. 

I also don't have WiFi, which many guests just assume everyone has. Again, I point it out to them prior to booking so they can't complain later.  

So far, guests seem really appreciative that I point these things out and no one has retracted their reservation request as a result. Happy guests leave 5 star reviews!