how do I stop one person bookings halving my income?

how do I stop one person bookings halving my income?

I have listed my rooms as 20euros per night. This price is for the room not per person. So I received a booking for one guest and air bnb are charging them 50% of 20 euros? Do I have to set a minimum guest number? I thought airbnb advertises cost per room not person? Please help!!

5 Replies 5
Marcus0
Level 10
Berlin, DE

@Lizabeth1 i checked your listing and it seems to be in order at 20€ per night.  The system only allows for the selection of one person when booking.  I also see that you have not implimented any discounts so that would not have affected it.  Did you send the client a special offer when they put their request in.  It is easy to make mistakes on this?  If all what i have said does not help then i would advise you to contact Airbnb directly through your login under help.

Brittany1
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Hi @Lizabeth1

I looked at your listing and checked the prices in your calendar. They are $23 USD in April. Screen Shot 2016-04-18 at 9.03.22 AM.png

You do not have to set a minimum number of guests. I have to say though, I'm confused as to why it's a 1 person maximum when there are 2 beds in the suite?

Are you sure you are not just seeing the total cost minus airbnb fees? Have you looked at the reservation cost break down?

I originally had the room set as 2 people 2 beds 20 euros per night for the room. But I received a booking for one person and air bnb stated that I would receive half of the 20euros. I thought air bnb prices are per room not per person? so now i've had to change my advert to one person two bedrooms to stop it happening?

i think i've solved this. the problem was that i hadn't listed it as whole apt?

@Lizabeth1 being a bit cheeky here but want to know why you have two beds for one person.  Is one hard and the other soft so you can choose 🙂