house rules

house rules

I have recently had an incident where airbnb decided to dishonour my house rules.  As it is not stated anywhere within airbnbs policies, and because i have always run my bussiness in this way, i state in my house rules that a cleaning fee will be charged post departure along with a wifi fee.  I claim this fee through the resolution centre, & up untill now it has always been honoured.  As a host i would like to ask if anyone else has had a similar experience where airbnb dishonour their very own policy or ruling, going against a hosts house rules?  I feel that airbnb should uphold their own policys & rules & support the hosts, yet i have discovered in this instance that their policy/ruling is a lie.  This brings me to ask what else should we be aware of that airbnb choose to lie about?

2 Replies 2

What did they not allow exactly? Is it that a guest won't pay and Airbnb won't help you recover the funds?

Scott80
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

I can see AirBnB's point, though. Not collecting the cleaning fee up-front like everyone else does, makes it easy for a prospective guest to miss that the fee is charged after departure. About the Wifi, I looked on the amenities page and you are correct that it does not say that the amenities have to be included in the room rate, only that you offer the amenities (with two exceptions checking "breakfast" indicates that you provide it and checking "gym" indicates that it is free), but I am pretty sure most people would assume that the amenities are included in the room rate and would not want to risk a bad review by checking one of the amenities and then charging extra for it.