hello all, I'm new to hosting. I got a request from a guest but cannot find previous reviews on him.

hello all, I'm new to hosting. I got a request from a guest but cannot find previous reviews on him.

how do a find a potential guests past reviews?

7 Replies 7
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Dina35  When you click on the profile picture, a page comes up and you need to go over to view his air bnb profile and you should be able to see any reviews.

Thank you Linda! I just looked and I find it odd that he's been a member since 2011 and has absolutely no info or reviews. Red flag?

@Dina35

In my opinion at least, that is not a red flag.  There are many of those who have signed up and created a profile, but never actually booked using airbnb.  It was easy peasy back then - "sign up with Facebook" sort of thing.  Look at his verifications to find if this is in line with what you require.  You could also ask politely for the guest to update his profile, telling a bit about himself.  

Also make sure he has read your listing and your house rules - many fail to read the full listing.

If you are a single female, you should ask yourself if you are comfortable with hosting a single male.

https://globalhostingblogs.com/2015/12/06/ten-guests-you-dont-want/

Hi @Marit-Anne0

I agree with you, I should not be worried about that he don't have any previous reviews, I accepted a ton like this.

but the link that you shared in the end is quite scary for new host, I never ever had in 62 guest this kind of "15 guest situation" 😄

and another 10 is in my booking list, and they never did this kind of weird communication, or try to do a weird deal. 🙂

of course happened that some asked for discount, but just that. 🙂

who wrote this stuff? ahah ... I can't even imagine a guests like those. 

anyway funny to read.

cheers Raf

@Raffaele-and-Astrid0

I have actually had a few of those including a clone of "Sally the Scammer" 🙂

ahahah this was funny to read! 

I'm sorry for you! 🙂

I'm was in the same boat, I first looked at hosting on Airbnb years ago so I have a had my profile for many years but only had activity this year.   Now six months later I'm a superhost and have multiple 5-Star reviews as a guest 🙂

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ