Level 2
Reynoldston, GB

has any one blocked off dates only to find they suddenly become available

Has anyone blocked off dates only to find they suddenly become available

5 Replies 5
Wendy-and-Frank0
Level 10
Stonington, CT

It hasn't happened to me but I read about this A LOT.

Contact ABB through Twitter.  It's the fastest way to get a response.

Good luck!

Thanks Wendy for your reply

Jacky16
Level 2
Reynoldston, GB

I have a long standing booking and blocked off the dates months ago someone instant booked the dates and I had to cancel it felt awful as this happend to anyone else or is it something I did wrong???

Nancy67
Level 10
Charleston, SC

It happens when Airbnb updates the websites and you are accessing the site and updating your calendar through something other than Google Chrome. Google Chrome is a more universal web language and what they recommend we use-- as a complete rebel,   I am a Mac and  Safari user since the earth cooled, and refuse to change to Google Chrome-- it has happened to me a few times. 

I have started taking screen shots of my blocked days, with notes that indicate personal time off-- so when this happens, and it always does, I can contact Airbnb and have some documentation as back up to have them cancle and reroute the guests-- It happened last week.

First, if this happens, don’t freak out, and do not cancel a booking yourself-- Always get help from Airbnb when this happens, lest you have to deal with the more difficult issue of having your entire calendar shut down--  Because this is a known issue, they are always more than happy to help you out. 

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Jacky16

No I've  have the complete opposite date that were block without my intervention.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow