guest changes her name after booking / ID verification

Natasa5
Level 3
Šibenik, Croatia

guest changes her name after booking / ID verification

Im having a guest who changed her name after booking and I'm not feeling comfortable about that. Is there anyway I could ask/force her to do the ID verification now. I didnt set verified ID requirement because I was thinking people need to start somewhere, maybe some are not good with technology but are good people 🙂

Could someone advice me what to write her?

Regarding the Verified ID requirement, I can't find it in my settings. It should be your listings-reservations requirements-require guests blabla....

but I do not see "reservations requirements" option at all ( I have calendar, pricing, booking, check-in, cancellation).

4 Replies 4
Trine0
Level 4
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hej Natasa

Try to find contact info here; 

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-How-To-Guide/m-p/16165#M728 

happy hosting GreetingsTrine

Thank you , I know how to contact airbnb, I wanted an advice for other hosts if possible

Jude7
Level 10
Rhinebeck, NY

I have found that communication with guests prior to their arrival and/or booking has gone a long way to establishing the sort of relationships that make for satisfying hosting experiences.  I would suggest contacting the guest and making mention that you noticed a name change, and were curious as to the reason why.  The answer you receive should go a long way towards reassuring you - or not.

Jude

Lai-Lin0
Level 2
New York, NY

Hey,

I recently had a similar issue happen with a guest after booking. I just asked if they could add one more verification (preferable Govt ID) to their verification info prior to their reservation date. They were new to Airbnb and I explained to them that it wouldn't be shared with me and why I was more comfortable with more verifications. I'll let you know what they say back!