guest came yesterday ,booked through airbnb but she has no card to pay ? how will i be paid

Dee8
Level 3
Belfast, United Kingdom

guest came yesterday ,booked through airbnb but she has no card to pay ? how will i be paid

a guest made an enquiry to me through airbnb yesterday morning 10am  stating that she is in my city allready and she would like to check in at 3pm to my apartment,  i pre accepted it.  she showed up but explained that she has no credit card ,  so how do i get paid ?   she wants to stay 3 nights and its even showing up on airbnb site that she will check out on tuesday 22 march.   she told me this morning that she will give me cash for today  but i am still waiting .  why could she book me through airbnb and not have a credit card ?  she is from switzerland and im wondering,  if she doesnt have a card then she will carry cash but if she carries cash why didnt she pay me allready yesterday at checkin ?

strange.    can airbnb pay me ? 

3 Replies 3
Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

@Dee, it's a scam, since the booking was never confirmed. What you've mentioned is entirely against AirBnB procedure, policy, and rules.

Scammers tend to focus on new hosts, and in this regard there've been a number of postings here on the forum. 

Unfortunately, I doubt that AirBnB will be prepared to assist you here (e.g. in helping to get rid of the guest), because the booking was not confirmed. It was - apparently - just a request to book, and she didn't pay via the AirBnB platform. Nevertheless, given that you're a new host, you might try contacting AirBnB to ask how you should proceed.

In any case, you should flag this guest's profile to alert AirBnB to what she's doing.

Meanwhile, you and your partner might consider removing her and her belongings from the premises.

What she has attempted to do is illegal.

I hope other more experienced hosts here will be able to advise.

In addition, it's essential that you take the time to become familiar with how AirBnB operates. Efficient - and happy - hosting is much more complex than simply advertising accommodation and waiting for the guests & the money to roll in. 

Here's a link that might be useful. Be sure to click on the FAQ box at the bottom as well. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/responsible-hosting

@Dee, here's a further link to situations worth knowing about. 

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Getting-Started/Community-Help-Guides/m-p/23100#U23100

How did that unconfirmed guest even know where you live?

I would advise her that we can definitely host her after she confirms the booking on AirBnB.  Any further whining, I'd tell her to contact AirBnB.

If she is really from another country, then why did she come over here unprepared?  Not your problem.