getting back cancellation penalties from instant book hosting

getting back cancellation penalties from instant book hosting

Please help me. One couple booked my room on instant book after only one message they sent to me. I wasn't be able to approve on this date and i cancelled the reservation, on my mobile phone was written that cancellation costs 0 euro. If i knew that i have to pay penalties of 100 dollars, i would never cancel. Then i saw that 90 euro from my account are gone. Please help me. What should i do? Is there any resolve?

3 Replies 3
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

You have made 2 cancellations it seems and the $100 is for both of them, $50 each.

If you can not host that date remove that date from your calender. Instant Book means no need for you to pre approve.

David
Mike77
Level 10
Bend, OR

There is no "resolve".

You have been fined $100 and it will come out of your future earnings.  You did not read the Terms of Service for AirBnB.  Now you must pay.

Mike
AirBnB Treehouse for Rent
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7292887

MikeFaceSketch03b.jpg

C-C0
Level 10
Memphis, TN

@Ana0, you can try and plead your case to Airbnb on the phone that you're new and made mistakes. They can remove fees at their discretion.

Never cancel yourself. If you have a problem, get Airbnb involved. They will handle it, usually without penalty to you. If you cancel all the time, you can be dropped as a host.