check in time window

Answered!
Miko-and-Knox0
Level 2
Belfast, United Kingdom

check in time window

Just noticed my check in time was now at the top of my house rules. 

I'm not keen on it, as some guests have messaged me thinking they had to actual check in at that time, not after. 

So now I went and used the new check in window, so I now have 3pm-11pm. This however could pose a problem, and I feel guests might take advantage of this window and turn up anytime they like without feeling obliged to let me know.

It also is a problem as sometimes I do, do earlier check in's when I am home, so I would imagine I have lost a few guests lately if they think I wont let them check in earlier than 3pm.

Groan. 

1 Best Answer
Marcus0
Level 10
Berlin, DE

Easy, once you receive a booking ask them for the arrival details and give them your guidance on what works best for you.  Sort it out at the start and you will not be sitting around.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Marcus0
Level 10
Berlin, DE

Easy, once you receive a booking ask them for the arrival details and give them your guidance on what works best for you.  Sort it out at the start and you will not be sitting around.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Email, email, email - just ask them roughly what time they will be arriving and let them know you will be there around that time. Ask them to text you if they are delayed in any way.

Yes, I agree with your concerns. 

My check-in time is SINCE 2pm but there is no maximum limit on the time you can check-in to my place.  Now my listings shows that my check-in time goes from 2pm to 2am (next day) because 2am is the maximum value you can set. So without wanting it I'm setting myself a restriction to avoid the guests that arrive after 2am which were a lot. In fact, I'm flexible to welcome guests that arrive in the early morning (before 2pm) too if it happens that I don´t have people checking out that day but this check-in time window under my house rules makes a clear statement that you must check-in during this time window. Unfortunately once you set the check-in time window you can´t roll it back to how it was before.

I always contact a day or 2 before to coordinate times. It's not usually a problem of someone being home rather the room being ready 9-10am If someone else is only leaving that morning and I don't know if they're leaving at 8 am our 11 am.