cancel an instant reservation and update the calender with new prices.

Lina51
Level 2
Copenhagen, Denmark

cancel an instant reservation and update the calender with new prices.

I just received a message that confirmed an instant booking in july 2017, however I've did not update the prices for july 2017 yet. As my house will be renovated and it's during a very popular festival, the price the guest wanted to pay is undervalued, I proposed another price, however the guest did not want to pay (the lower price), I told him to cancel, however he refused, so now I want to cancel, however I can see that if I cancel ARBNB will block the dates. So this leaves me no other choice than to accept the guest? If there anything I can do do not having the dates blocked and cancel the guest and update my prices.

Thanks

14 Replies 14
Christian65
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hej @Lina51
When you have Instant Booking activated it is crucial that your calendar and prices are updated.

You will get penalized if you decline and there's no way around it in this case unfortunately.

It was right of you to ask your guest to accept a change but unfortunately he declined so this is a hard lesson learned I guess.

Maybe considder to have a maximum of 3 months ahead instead one a whole year in your calendar so you'll avoid this in the future.

Or maybe not have IB activated unless your listing is 100 percent updated.

There are extenuating circumstances where you can cancel freely but this does not count as one of them.

@Christian65 How do you institute a time limitit that you mention? How useful.

@Lina51 Sorry, you advertised a price so you are going to have to live with it.  And I would suggest you be gracious to the renters...not their fault and they will be writing reviews.

@Amy38

Go to Manage listing -> availabilty settings -> Booking window  - where I have mine at 6 months but you can chose 3, 6 or 12 months.

avail.jpg

@Christian65 🤓 Live and learn...thanks!

@Christian0tak for for svar, jeg har ikke noget imod at aflyse, sålænge min kalender ikke er spærret, er er en vej uden om dette? det var ikke min intention at lokke folk med "falsk" reklame, men 8 mdr. før troede jeg ikke var muligt, og ej heller realistisk.
Derudover nævner gæsten at de er 3 personer, men under deres reservation har de kun reserveret for 2 personer, hvilket har en betydning for den pris de betaler (lavere pris), dette mener jeg heller ikke er fair.

Er det den I Hørsholm @Lina51?

Der står max to, så hvis de "pludselig" er 3 så ville jeg kontakte ABB og fortælle at du ønsker at afmelde denne da de har løjet for dig og ikke er 2 men 3 og det tillader din listing ikke. Så kan du givetvis godt afbestille denneher uden problemer.

nej det er den i tidsvilde (holiday cottage).

hvordan kan jeg kontakte airbnb ang. dette? den sender mig hele tiden videre til community.

tak

Aha jeg ser at du tilader 4, men gå ind i dine prisindstillinger og sæt prisen per person op markant efter de 2 der er med i prisen. Gå derefter ind i resolution center og opkræv ham for differencen hvori du skriver at de skrev 2 oprindeligt men nu er 3 og derfor er prisen steget med xx som du igennem RC opkræver.

Hvis han ikke går med til det, så ring til ABB. Nummeret finder du på forsiden hvor der en community guide angående kontakt til ABB.

Det skal nok lykkedes dig bare du er lidt vedholdende men du har heldigvis tid nok 🙂

Men undgå for alt i verden at aflyse. Det koster 100 EUR og ødelægger din visninger så se om du ikke kan få ham til at betale difference og ellers ring og vær sød i telefonen med ABB som sidder i Irland. Jeg har kun gode erfaringer men de er sgu ikke vilde med aflysninger.

Din kalender vil blive blokeret men kun i en periode så det burde ikke være et problem i længden.

Pøj med det 🙂

@Lina51

You do not use the resolution center to change the booking.  Go to "my reservations" and change the number of persons from 2 till 3 - but after you have done as @Christian65 says regarding pricing.  Use a base price for two with an additional charge for each person after two.  If they have booked the wrong number of persons you may have a loophole to cancel penalty free.  Do learn about penalties for host cancellation - if you cancel this one from your end, the dates will remain blocked.

@Christian0: tusind tak for hjælpen!! jeg fik fat i dem, og de fortalte at jeg havde 3 penalty free cancellations, når det var instant booking. Så jeg krydser fingre for at det er løst nu.

@Amy0thanks for your input, I was told by AIRBNB (by phone), that I had 3 penalty free cancellations, so I will just use that.

Godt det lykkedes. Havde helt glemt at man havde 3 stk uden straf, så tak til dig for det @Lina51 🙂

Hej, beklager forstyrrelsen igen. Jeg har nu aflyst denne gæst, (jvf. de 3 gratis aflysninger pr. år qua IB), men det virker til at datoerne, stadig er blokeret i min kalender? help..

tak!

@Lina51

I think you would still have to contact airbnb and plead your case.  It is always better to be proactive, contact airbnb in front and let them do the cancellation for you.  Then there are no misunderstandings.  

Coln0
Level 10
George Town, Malaysia

Please accept the booking, the guests have not done anything wrong.