bug with prices - $10 difference

Raffaele-and-Astrid0
Level 10
Coogee, Australia

bug with prices - $10 difference

Hi guys,

This morning I noticed a bug with the prices, there's a big difference between the searching page respect the single listing price.

The prices showed in the main searching page, are more or less, 10$ more then the actual price of the single listing, so if a listing cost 320$, in the searching page is 330$.
For some listing are $10, for others $7 for others 9$ ect...my personal listing show a difference of $6 respect the actual price.

Do you see the same? or is just me? Just wondering if  it is a global problem or is just random with me today.

Normally there's 1 dollar difference that not bother me, but $6 or more make the difference on the booking request, in the end the price are right, but the previews of the prices that are wrong.

search page price:

Untitled.jpg

Listing price: 

listing.jpg

Thank you for any update.

Cheers Raf

5 Replies 5
Michael477
Level 10
Cholula, Mexico

Hi @Raffaele-and-Astrid0:

Two reasons:

1. There is a (small ;.-) bug in the platform software. This is already notified to AirBnB. But in real life it does not give a problem:

You might see a difference in your listing price and the booking price, because the listing price is not updated in some occasiones even you update the booking price (I wrote a workaround instruction only for the Spanish site...sorry).

2. The listing price always will be a kind of DEFAULT price and the guest needs to quote. The price for booking always is the price IN THE CALENDER, not the listing price (even AirBnB is notifying that to every portential guest).

Imagine you specified special price for weekends or holidays.... how should the listing price change? You will not know, what dates the guest will request.

So e.g. the listing price of 100USD will change to 120USD when the quest wants to stay weekends, but the listing price cannot show that.

Same for "Intelligent pricing": If the intelligent price rises or lowers for the time the guest wants to book, that cant be shown in the listing price.

Regards

Michael

Saludos
Michael
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Raffaele-and-Astrid0  Without Smart Pricing activated, your home page price is the same as the base price.  Even as your custom pricing changes on your calendar, the base price remains the same for search purposes.  What I do is modify the base price to be an average as I change my calendar price.  Like you, I don't want it to be too low so the traveler is shocked by the price for the dates they book or too high so it eliminates travelers looking within a budget.

Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

I just noticed the same issue. Mine states $169 on my calendar over NYE weekend but when I go to book it states $156. If that gets me booked I'm all for it as anything is better than that Smart Pricing system, but this is getting out of hand. Imagine going to a store and the price on the shelf magically changes by the time you get to the cashier.

Raffaele-and-Astrid0
Level 10
Coogee, Australia

@Michael477 @Linda108 @Zacharias0

Thank you guys, now I get it! 😉

for some dates I have the smart price, for others I manaully override, so in the preview listing there's the base price of smart price, but in the listing page kick in the manual override. ok! 🙂

So f+$#ing confunsing! 😄

Cheers Raf

@Raffaele-and-Astrid0: Great you found it! One of the standard issues 😉 The platform has so many options, mainly for pricing....

Happy renting

Michael

Saludos
Michael