airbnb payment to hosts

Answered!
Ramiro4
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

airbnb payment to hosts

I cannot find any email or telephone numer to contact airbnb customer services directly, this is very strange a company like airbnb not providing it for hosts.

I have a guest staying from 18th June until 23 July.  On the 22nd June i received a part payment, cannot understand why airbnb does not send the total amount as they already charged the guest for the full period.

Airbnb have not advised when i can expect to receive the remaining payment and the guest will be leaving in 10 days, Not happy at all with the way airbnb send the payments or information about part payments.

1 Best Answer
Rachel78
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

I have also had this. No payout thoughit was due 8 days ago, still says pending in my transaction history, airbnb will not respond to requests about it. It's my money! I am seriously disgusted with airbnb. I've hosted for four years and this is so poor

View Best Answer in original post

46 Replies 46
Rachel78
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

I have also had this. No payout thoughit was due 8 days ago, still says pending in my transaction history, airbnb will not respond to requests about it. It's my money! I am seriously disgusted with airbnb. I've hosted for four years and this is so poor

Ramiro4
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

It is unnaceptable.

Airbnb should pay us upfront, actually as soon as they charge the guest.

Probably they have many thousand of dollars from hosts geting interest from the money they hold.

Does not make sense that the guest is staying and we have not been paid for .

I have had bookings for a few days, the guest had vacated and no payment from airbnb.

Ravel1
Level 1
Leeds, United Kingdom

I have not been paid for the last two bookings. 

Airbnb has been holding my payment for nearly a month now. 

How could I get the payment from Airbnb? 

Regards

Ravel

Kathryn201
Level 2
Brighton-Le-Sands, Australia

Having the same issue with a extension they got paid and told me I have to wait 28 days for it?

its becoming a joke

I was told paymentwould be the day after quest arrived it still shows in my account how can i contact to find abou payment

SEEMS LIKE A HUGE AND ONGOING PROBLEM!!! and NOT anticipated by the code writers!!! yet AGAIN!!!

I'm on day 6 waiting to be paid, and they are telling me that standard banking procedures allow 7 business days for processing.  I've been a superhost and this is the first I've heard of this, I've never waited so long.  They will not acknowledge that they have changed practices, and in doing so are calling me a liar.  I only have 1 of 3 units listed with them, and I will not be re-listing the other 2 unless this gets better fast.  But still, trust is broken here and that's a real problem. 

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Ramiro4 AirBnB has never paid upfront, nor do any of the other platforms like homeaway or booking.com. I'm not sure it is actually reasonable to expect them to do so. Yes they get the interest, that is one of the methods (another being the service fees) that they make their money and continue to provide the platform. I always get payment within about 5 days after the guest has left and you get used to this.

Well i think that they should pay the host as soon as they charge the guests.

I have managed over 40 properties in the past working for a letting agency and most owners would not release keys if no payment received. If you go to a hotel, you dont get a key unless you have paid.

I am not confortable having to wait for the payment after the guest has left.

So, money can come after guest has left? Seems a bit risky, but if it works, then OK, thanks, more relaxed now!

Hello,

Just wanted to clarify that HomeAway/VRBO *does* pay out as soon as the rental is booked. They don't wait until the guest arrives. I prefer them for this reason.

Be3
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

Thanx Allison, but I don't think that option applies to us living here in Australia.

well, that may not happen anymore.  I haven't been paid in the 11 days since my guests departed.  We have been in touch and they don't understand why I haven't been paid because they paid Airbnb. 

For the last 4 years I've been in business, I got my money about 24 hours after the guest checked in, sometimes a little longer, but never more than 3 days.  The delayed payment is new.  Sure, they have the right to do this, but they gave us hosts no warning that they were changing practices.  They need to be more straightforward with hosts.