a question

Philippe252
Level 1
Peterborough, Canada

a question

so i used to have 1 room available.

when people stayed here they would put 2 adults etc..

i'd get (example) 50$ for 1 person. and add 5$ for a second. so 55 if two in same room

i tried to add a second room.but now im getting 55$ for two rooms... and people dont specify they want two rooms.

can i change this? anyone else run into this?

4 Replies 4
Farah1
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Philippe252 if you want to rent out the 2nd room separately, then make a new listing for it. If you want to room both rooms at the same only when requested, then create a new listing for both rooms and for people who need both rooms together need to book on that listing and not this listing that only for 1 bedroom. I hope  this make sense.

that seems so counter intuitive... 3 listings? lol

@Philippe252 well, it is your decision whether you want to make it simple or complicated. Based on what you want: renting room 1 by itself and renting room 1 and 2 together with different prices when needed, it is going to be a homework to keep this in 1 listing and people most likely think that they automatically getting 2 rooms with the price.

The thing is, there is no option to add an extra $ automatically for people who want the 2nd bedroom (the only option is to add additional $ for extra people), so not sure you are able to charge extra $ automatically for let's say 2 people who wants both rooms. You can always add additional fee afterward, but that means you need to make sure that people are aware and you are on top of it.

yeah that was my complaint really. its not intuative.  i know i'll have to do it.. just takes time.