Wow!! Not easy to submit questions/issues with the site - Guidebook

Connie40
Level 2
Nathrop, CO

Wow!! Not easy to submit questions/issues with the site - Guidebook

I am attempting to start a Guidebook (URL = airbnb.com/manage-listing/[listing #]/guidebook), and in both Chrome and FF, when the map renders on the right, you loose the page scroll bar.  This inhibits a host from entering anyting into the listing's guidebook.

Steps to reproduce:

1.  Log in

2.  Select Host -> Manage Listings

3.  Click "Calendar and More"

4.  On the left, use the mobile app style menu to slide out the menu and select Guidebook

Initially, the page scroll bar does render, however as soon as the map renders, the scroll bar is overlayed/gone.

23 Replies 23

The App has a ton of glitches - do it on a computer if you can.

Thanks Ange for the reply.  The issue is occurring on the desktop/web site, not the web app.  Please try the steps yourself to see if you get the same results.  Thanks,  Connie

I just tried it and it worked, had problems locating local attractions.

David

Thanks David for running the repro.  The only thing I did not communicate was that this issue is occurring on Windows 7.  If your OS is the same, then that is very, very strange.

Stay warm in S. Park!!  Connie

dspp0011.jpg

I will be on the morning train.

David

Neat Pic!  Thanks for sharing!

I am using a Chromebook, understand that Chrome is the supported browser.

David

So that is Android (versus Windows).

NathropDepot.jpg

Prefer this one. Heading for the Hot Springs.

David

Morning David,

The best way to illustrate the problem is with a screen shot.  I can see the Food Scene and I can search for resturaunts, however that is it.  I cannot save what I have selected because there isn't a page scroll bar to the right of the map.  

Can you compare this with what you see on your browser?

Thanks,  Connie

Screen shot

Good morning, sunny and blue sky and no doubt loads of leaf lookers, most of our leaves blew away last week.

How it works on my Browser is that you enter you selection, choose you options, fill in any additional details and then hit the add button.

David

@Connie40   I tried it out.  No problem for me, everything working fine. Do you have the latest version of Firefox?  Can't imagine what else it might be.

Hi Ange,

Thanks for taking the time to run the repro.  The best way to illustrate the problem is with a screen shot.  I can see the Food Scene and I can search for resturaunts, however that is it.  I cannot save what I have selected because there isn't a page scroll bar to the right of the map.

Screen shot

Thanks again,

Connie 

CarlandDiane0
Level 10
San Marcos, TX

I found the guidebook function to be a little glitchy. For instance, no matter what category I entered for a listing, it all appears under "Other."

I'm not sure which mapping service Airbnb uses, but not all local businesses and attractions are listed -- or at least they're not listed using the names by which you know them.