Women nervous about hosting men

LenaSophia0
Level 1
Chicago, IL

Women nervous about hosting men

I am a young woman living with another young woman and we have just approved two young men to stay with us for 3 nights. It is our first time hosting and we are excited to get some reviews up. I talked to my mom and she immediately reminded me of how dangerous this could be. All of their info is verified on their site, but they have no reviews yet, as they are a somewhat new member. Is it worth the cancellation fee and cancellation review on my un-reviewed profile, or is the verification of their number, etc enough to ensure safety?

6 Replies 6
Linda0
Level 10
Spring, TX

Hello Lena -
Only you can decide if it is worth the penalty to cancel your confirmed booking. If the communication has been totally above board, chances are they are too. You can ask them to update the profile with face-book, LinkedIn and passport and the you will pre-approve. As long as they do what you ask to make you comfortable should be considered acts of good faith. Most of my guest are first timers with no reviews and they are so nice, clean and respectful. If they have not made suggestive or playful remarks consider that they just want a nice safe place to stay for a view days. If your nerves are still bad on about these guest try hosting females only.
Matt-and-Heidi0
Level 2
Farmington, UT

I'd also google their names and see what comes up. There tends to be a lot of info online for people especially if they have any criminal past. 

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

If what you mean is that going forward you will only accept bookings from women then please save everyone from wasting time and cancel the booking and make it clear in your description that you only accept bookings from women. Good luck with that one - people tend to be highly suspicious of hosts like that. I think your Mum is doing her job - telling you that there are bad people out there - either you are old enough to host and both of you look after yourselves or you are not. Sorry if that sounds harsh but really....?

Hi, @Gerry-And-Rashid0.

As a female host, I rent a private guest room/bath and share my living space with female guests. I've hosted wonderful guests that include mother/daughters, sisters, cousins, best friends, and female solo travelers.

Would you kindly share why people are highly suspicious of women-only hosts? I'd like to know and address these concerns. 

Thank you!

Mary132
Level 1
Berwyn, PA

I feel the same way.  I think I'm going to update my profile to limit to women only.

Sara2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

CC only hosts men and normally I prefer them too unless it's a one nighter ; if you didn't think of this when you set up then you should have when you started your business plan? Most guests just want a nice clean place with a professional warm host without being over friendly .

ABB can not be sexist!!!!