Why is a guest allowed to book a date that I have blocked?

Brandon42
Level 1
Tempe, AZ

Why is a guest allowed to book a date that I have blocked?

Then I have to ask him to change his reservation & this causes a problem & he has to cancel.  But, then Airbnb blocks the whole week on my calendar when it was just one day that should be blocked, so no one else can book those dates.   This is a real problem.  I much prefer Home Away.

Bente' Alexander 

1 Reply 1
Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

Perhaps the guest booked the dates while you were blocking them. If the guest cancels his week reservation, which is unlikely as he will be charged, your calendar will be reopened. If you cancel your calendar will be blocked for the dates you cancelled, you will be charged and your ranking in the search will be bumped considerably. My advice: You can send the guest a special offer adjusting his stay and telling him that youre only available for those dates. Hopefully they understand. If worse comes to worse, you will have to cancel their entire booking. If you really want to book that week theres a little work around that not many hosts know about- create another listing. Keep the one you have but make the new one a mirror image duplicate and only open that one week. Hopefully someone runs across it and books it. After the week has come and gone put the duplicate profile to sleep and reopen as you need it.