Why has my communication score been reduced ??

Mandy79
Level 2
Carlisle, United Kingdom

Why has my communication score been reduced ??

Hi,my name is Mandy and I'm very new to airbnb.....

I've just had my response rate knocked down after a potential customer decided that my listing wasn't suitable for her young child as we had no facilities for babies. I have no issues with the customer as my listing states that it is not appropriate for children or babies , but she was directed to my house any way ! 

We responded that if she wanted to use the house anyway it would have be at her own risk as we were listed as unsuitable and couldn't accept responsibility

We replied through airbnb and she decided not to come and to find a more child suitable place 

So my question why have we been classed as none responders ??

Mandy

4 Replies 4
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Mandy79. If that guest made an inquiry and you let it expire without accepting/declining, it might be the reason. In such situations the guest must withdraw their request so as not to spoil your ratings.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Mandy79
Level 2
Carlisle, United Kingdom

Hi marzena

We did reply and she decided to try else where ..this was early November and has only appeared now! 

All rather odd ......

@Mandy79 Just sending a response message does not count. You need to make an action by either ACCEPTING or DECLINING their request. 

Hi , thank you for you help. My daughter and I realise this now , its not made very clear when you join up as a host . we are still finding places on the site that we knew nothing about initially which is a shame as its affected our ratings . Nevemind its a lesson learned. 

Mandy