What is wrong with my listing?

Leonardo53
Level 2
Gainesville, VA

What is wrong with my listing?

I am a fairly new host and want to share my hosting experience thus far. I started hosting with Air last Setember and quicky placed my apartment in Rio de Janeiro for New Year. Than, not even an inquiry for several months. I decided to join Booking with the same listing details (photos, description, etc.). At present, since I joined Air in September and Booking in November, I have for the very same listing only one rent in Air and 16 in Booking! And more, my property in Booking carries a higher reservation cost than in Air. Something is wrong and I am not able to pinpoint the reasons why I am doing a better business in Booking than in Air. I prefer Air, it is a better site and is by far more convenient for me than Booking, but I must say I am disppointed with my performance in Air. What could be wrong with my listing in Air, or why Booking is better for me thus far? By the way, I have Instant booking in Air, as well as a cancellation policy similar to Booking. Any thoughts/suggestions? My Air listing is "Attractive apartment 50 mts from Copacabana Beach."

4 Replies 4
Leonardo53
Level 2
Gainesville, VA

Adding to my previous posting, I forgot to indicate that most of the time since first listing I had Smart Pricing activated. Also a correction, my listing is now "pasos hacia la playa de Copacabana", which was changed from "Attractive apartment 50 meters from Copacabana Beach" because most of my guest under Booking.com are either spanish or portuguese speaking.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Hi @Leonardo53  You buried your posting in another unrelated discussion thread.  You might get more useful responses if you had your own posting.  I looked at your listing and cannot see any reason your listing would not be attractive to travelers using Air BNB.  

Leonardo53
Level 2
Gainesville, VA

I do not know why this posting came under a different perso. My name is Leonardo ** and my email is [email address removed] Please disregard this posting. I do not know how to erased it.

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Leonardo53,

As @Linda108 said, it's best to post new questions in a separate thread so they don't get lost in another conversation. I've moved it here to Community Help and given it a title to make it easier for people to find. Let me know if you want to change the title!

The reason you may not be getting more bookings could be to do with where your listing is on the search results. This Community Help Guide gives advice on why your listing may not be showing up if this is the case. Hopefully other hosts might have some other useful advice about how you can get more bookings. 

I hope you get more bookings coming in!

Kirstie