What do you think of this?

Karin36
Level 6
Richmond, Canada

What do you think of this?

We are hosts, but last week we changed roles and were guests in someone else's unit.

After we checked out, the host emailed us...requesting:

Please make comments on our property, please rate high points, like this we can keep good services to all our guest.

On the review put all excellent!!!

Put all 5 Stars

Thank you

I'm a little put off by this.  What do you all think?

4 Replies 4
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Karin36I think that's absolutely not cool; begging for reviews is pathetic and in my opinion, kind of wrong. You either provide a good service that people want to rate you positively on or you do not: a host shouldn't be asking for a certain review. I think that asking for feedback is okay - it's always good to have - but stipulating a certain rating? No way. 

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Karin36

This sort of thing really winds me up, I think its unethical. I would give them 4 stars and mention in the review that you don't need instructions on how to give a 5 star review.

Michael956
Level 10
Salvador, Brazil

Tacky and low-class, in my opinion.  

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

That would annoy me too but airbnb makes anything less than 5 stars a bad review for hosts. They'r eprobably worried about losing the superhost status... for whatever good that does a host?! I have it and am still wondering what good it does me?

I understand why the host would send this message to guests but I personally wouldn't do it myself as a host. 

Ebay sellers do this all the time too. Same idea.