Verification from guest

Shona-And-Keith0
Level 2
Coolbellup, Australia

Verification from guest

I had a possible guest contact me with a message , saying she was having trouble uploading her verifications to Airbnb and could she just email them to me . What shall I do ? I'm not keen.

Thanks in advance for your input.

7 Replies 7
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Shona-And-Keith0

No, no, no. Maybe your gut feeling is on the spot since you're not keen anyway!

They have to figure it out with Airbnb, you can't do anything.

They may be trying to get around the platform and even offer cash (red flag!!!), but you wouldn't be covered in any way by Airbnb.

Thanks for your feedback Andrea, I had the same feeling but wanted to ask here first.

I will message her and say that she needs to contact Airbnb - just can't find the link to it

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Shona-And-Keith0  How is this potential guest able to contact you?  

Hi Linda,

The woman contacted me thru my message inbox, the same as a reservation request comes thru.

Christian65
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

@Shona-And-Keith0

I’ve been a host for ages but I didn’t have any verification on my own profile so I wanted to upload it the other day so I myself can require this from my future guests.
Amidst doing so, it crashed several times and it was only after the third time that I succeeded in uploading properly. So I think it is a bit buggy but if your guest’s problem persists they should contact ABB themselves. 

However, it is not necessarily a problem guest you are dealing with here. I’ve a two guests prior to arriving but after booking uploading both ID and pictures to their profile as I asked them to in order for me to keep their reservation. (back in the day years ago ) And needless to say, they were really great guests.

But go with your gut feeling and if your insecure about guests you are more than okay to decline and wait for the next.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your input, I found your comments very helpful and I have messaged the woman and encouraged her to try again and or contact Airbnb for troublshooting advice. It would be great if Airbnb was a more user friendly website - contacting them can be challenging and so some people give up with these kind of difficulties. I hope she persists and has a positive experience from it all.

Thanks again

cheers Shona

Thank you Christian, I took your advice and she was able to book after several try's.

cheers Shona