Unauthorized photos

Torie2
Level 1
Calgary, Canada

Unauthorized photos

So I own an Airbnb, and rented to a girl who messaged stating she'd like to use my condo to do some portrait photography. Since I've rented my condoto photographers for portraits, before, I hesitate to say to say no, but now theee months later I'm finding pictures of naked  strapped no.

2 Replies 2
Torie2
Level 1
Calgary, Canada

For some reason the following posted before I was done. I found a whole bunch of photos of naked women draped all over my furniture...I feel slightly violated by this as I was not aware this was taking place in my home... advice, what should I do now? I feel this 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Torie2

Hi Torie, you say you 'hesitated' to say no.....but 'did' you say no? 

If you did not specifically refuse her request unfortunate as it is, you are probably going to have to wear this Torie.

I make a habit of keeping a list of guests phone numbers which are displayed on the booking confirmation, so that I can contact them subsequently if they have left something behind or for any other reason......do you have this guests contact phone number? If you did not give permission for these photos and you have this in a message trail, inform her that legal action will be taken if the photos are not removed from the public domain. If you do not have her phone number contact Airbnb and explain to them your situation and ask them to contact the guest and request that the guest remove the photos or she will be delisted from Airbnb. This sort of action is against Airbnb policy!

Unfortunate that this has happened to you Torie, I can understand you must feel a bit violated, but what you can do now all boils down to how firm you were about this at the time.

Cheers.....Rob