Unable to send message:

Mary38
Level 1
Morvah, United Kingdom

Unable to send message:

I have not been able to send any messages this week to potential guests. Also Airbnb email tells me I failed to respond to a reservation request when I knew I`d pre approved it. Currently have a reservation enquiry pending which needs to be answered in a message.....it feels really rude not to be answering!

Same problem each time I log on - and obviously have closed down computer in between attempts. I have tried logging in via Firefox as well as Explorer; only have a laptop so can`t try a different device but AM about to borrow someone else`s computer in desperation!

Any other ideas - and is anyone else experiencing similar problems this week?

It`ll be interesting to see if I can actually post this message!

16 Replies 16
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Mary38,

It is great to meet you, thank you for your post - you will be happy to find your post did work correctly. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties here, ah the joys of computers! 

I wonder if you might be able to provide a little more information on what you are seeing. First of all,  in your inbox in your Airbnb host account, when was the last time you managed to send a message to an enquiry? Also, what actually happens when you go to send a message - does anything display like an error message or does it just not respond when you click send?

Have any other hosts experienced this and perhaps might have some helpful tips to solve this messaging puzzle? 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie  I have the very same problem, started today.   When I put my mouse pointer at the INBOX I get a "balloon" saying, "Sorry, whe can not load new messages....."

When I try to send a message to a upcoming guest, after sending it.. it does not appear and I see a pink bar on top of the page saying error 401.

I work only from my laptop. 

I hope there is a solution for this problem.

Regards,

maryam

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Maryam-Al-Fakheer0,

This does sounds strange. Can I check what browser you are using and if you have tried from a different one? Also, have you tried clearing your cache/browser history on your computer as this sometimes help. 

Do let me know if this works.

Thanks, Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thanks @Lizzie - Someone mentioned in anothe (older) post to reboot the computer. Done that, and it worked for me. 
I use Google Chrome as browser.

Now I have to figure out how i can find and clear the cach/browser history.....

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw great to hear you are back on track @Maryam-Al-Fakheer0 🙂 I don't understand why such simple things like a reboot make a difference, the joy of computers I suppose! hehe

In terms of clearing your browser history, I see another host has come back to you on this already in another thread so I won't repeat, but I think it is handy tip to know. 

--------------------

Thanks @Lizzie - It was a bit of a panick attack of me as I depend totally on my bookings as my only source of income. And tourism is totallly down here. I am just one of the very very few who gets any guests now. 

And indeed... the joy of computers, IF IT WORKS WELL 😉

@Lizzie - The error code 401 appeared again today. Can't send messages to my upcoming guests on the laptop. I already cleared the cash before, etc.  I was able to send the message by mobile, and that messages did appear on the laptop too. Just can not send it from the laptop.  What else can I do?

I am having the same problem.  When I click send a message nothing happens.  The

guest have been waiting on my response.  Time is of the essence and I would like to respond to the potential guest.

Diane **

Rob192
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi  I am a potential tenant and have successfully sent a couple of messages to landlords and now nothing wil send. Is there a limit? This happened last year and airbnb blamed me for not using the site properly. I am well educated and it is very easy, it started working 24 hours after the email exchange with airbnb. Please kindly check and fix it again. Thanks.

Hello 🙂 - when i attempt to respond to messages sent to my iphone message  - air bnb responds  that my number is associated with too many accounts  - I only use one account  . this has only just started to happen!

Sharman

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

@Lizzie is right. 

@Mary38 @Maryam-Al-Fakheer0 try cleaning up your browser history first. 

You can also open a " private window"  in your browser. 

The problem occurs ONLY when have 2 separate windows open. One for the community and another for AirBnB, especially when you open the community first. Otherwise I never have this problem. 

I am also experiencing this. After sending a few messages, I am unable to send further. No error message pops up.

I need to clear few queries with the apartment owners before confirming the booking.

I am having the same thing guest think I’m being rude and I cannot reply to anyone.