Two-payment option

Two-payment option

I want to create another listing. The owner of the new property has asked me to set this up for him. Is it possible for me to have the listing under my umbrella but the guest payments be sent to my friend and not to me? 
Alternatively can I set up another account in my name to cover his listing but with my email contact and payments going to him? 
Hope you can advise the best way to do this. 
Thanks 
Chris **

9 Replies 9
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Christine219

It would be better for the owner to set the listing up in his/her name with you as a co-host. (or for you to do this for them).

The reason I say this, is that if they then want to use someone else to manage the listing or manage it themselves they retain the reviews and listing, rather than you.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

I think the best solution would be to set up the lisiting in the owner's name and add yourself as a co-host.

The second option would be to add the property to your own profile and route the payment to the owner.  For this option you will have to be fairly confident that the property will maintain the same high standards as your own and create the same sort of feedback/reviews or it can harm your own business.  

Thanks Ladies for your advice.

Would it work if I added my friend to my account as a co-host?

"Would it work if I added my friend to my account as a co-host?"

Then your co-host would have access to all your listings and you would not want that ?

good point but surely he would need all my log on details - yes?

For assisting your friend, it would be better that you have his log-on details as a co-host rather than the other way around. Same if you are going to manage the listing.  

Thanks for yourt advice

one last question.  If I set up listing in my friends name and me as co host can I still use my email and phone number for notifications etc?

Thanks

Sorry, I do not have any personal experience with the co-host option.  I will try and add my daughter to find out how it works.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1243/what-is-a-co-host

It looks like the co-host option is per listing and not per account and that there is an option for the admin host to make the co-host primary host.