Two Questions as New Hosts

Answered!
Rachel216
Level 1
Cambridge, MA

Two Questions as New Hosts

1. We have somebody who has requested to stay with us, but we haven't accepted them yet because we forgot to list our security deposit.  Now that we have added it, will it apply to this reservation if we accept or only for all future reservations?  I know it says that it's only to reservations that are "booked" after you put it in place, but not sure whether "booked" means requested or accepted.

2. Completely separately, we are wondering whether it is possible to make a two-night minimum for some availability dates (but not all)?  For a big event in town, we would like to do that, but don't need to all the time.

Thanks!

1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Rachel216,

To change the minimum number of nights stay during some period do the following.

Go to your calendar and click on "availability settings"

Then click on "Reservation preferences".

Look for "Add a requirement for seasons or weekends" at the bottom of the page and click on it.

Click on the "During" box and select "Specific dates" and enter the start and end dates.

Enter the minimum nights stay you want for that period and click on save.

You can then add more minimum nights stay requirements for other periods by selecting "add another requirement" in the "reservation preferences" window.

Steve.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

1. You can't change the rules of your listing retrospectively so the deposit will only apply to new bookings.

2. No you can't but perhaps but something on your house rules and list dates when two night rules apply.

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Rachel216,

To change the minimum number of nights stay during some period do the following.

Go to your calendar and click on "availability settings"

Then click on "Reservation preferences".

Look for "Add a requirement for seasons or weekends" at the bottom of the page and click on it.

Click on the "During" box and select "Specific dates" and enter the start and end dates.

Enter the minimum nights stay you want for that period and click on save.

You can then add more minimum nights stay requirements for other periods by selecting "add another requirement" in the "reservation preferences" window.

Steve.

Thanks Steve!

Rafael160
Level 1
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel

Hi , 

My name is Rafael and I am a new host . 

My question is if I need to inform Air bnb confirmation of guest arrival in order to get the money or I don't need to do anything