Travel credit expiry

Danika1
Level 1
Queensland, Australia

Travel credit expiry

So I know that your travel credit expires a year after they are issued. Does this mean that you must go on your trip before the expiry date, or does it mean that you must make the booking before the expiry date? E.g. My travel credit expires in September, I want to go on a trip in November, if I book my trip before September, will I be able to use my travel credits?

11 Replies 11
Helena52
Level 4
Las Vegas, NV

It means you would need to apply that travel credit to a reservation before the expiration date. 

So if you go on a trip in November and your travel credits expire September, book before September for those credits to apply. 

Love,
Helena V.

How do we figure out what the issue date is of the travel credit? If I get a coupon code, I can look up the information--including the issue and expiration dates. HOWEVER, when I get a referral credit, I do not see any dates in my "Travel Credit" tab. Anyone have an answer for this quandry?? Thanks.

Airbnb Coupon Code.png

VS.

Airbnb Referral Credit.png

Hosting since Thanksgiving Day 2012 and over 1,000 stays. May you ever be the benevolent ruler of your own domain--YOUR life. Allow no other to rule over it.
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Fiona-and-Keith-and-Fami0,

Great to speak with you again. I hope you are well. 🙂

In terms of the referral credit, I believe it too lasts for one year, however, it is not possible to see when the expiry date is for this credit, so if you are unsure this is something you would need to contact the Support Team about directly and they can take a look and update you. 🙂

I hope this helps and save you time searching around! 

Thanks,
Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi Lizzie,

I have some travel credit earned on different date.

In my account, I see "Exp. 10/09/2017 · See Terms" at the top conner when I click on Credit.

If so, do all my travel credit will expire on the same date?

Thank you,

Quy

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Quy0,

Thanks for your message. I believe if it has a date next to the amount then this would apply to all of it. Having said this, travel credit is valid for one year so if if you have credit that is more recent then this should have a later expiry date. 

Does this help?

Thanks,
Lizzie

[Top tip: add the @ symbol and select the name of the person you wish to address you message to, they will then receive a notification regarding your reply]

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Vina1
Level 1
Central Java, Indonesia

my travel credit expired...

so lost....

i forgot to check out the booking...

can airbnb fix it????

Thank you

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I'm totally confused about this.

Last night, a message popped up on my phone saying something like 'Book now! Your £50 travel credit is about to expire'. I tried clicking on the credit tab, but nothing happened and it was late so I went to sleep.

Today I managed to find my travel credit page and it says I have £0 credit. What has happened to the £50? Did I receive the notification only minutes or hours before it expired? Is that normal? 

I don't remember any previous notifications about this credit and have no idea what it's for, but I'd like to have it back! If, as @Lizzie says, it's supposed to be valid for a year, but has just expired, why is this the first time I've even heard about having the credit?

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Got the notification on my phone again prompting me to use my travel credit before it expires, but again, credit balance is showing at £0 and can't see any notifications on my account. Anyone else had this?

Shravan0
Level 2
Bengaluru, India

You just need to complete the booking before the expiration of Travel credits and if you are planning to cancel the booking then don't do it from your end. Contact the Airbnb team and ask them to cancel from their side. If you cancel by on your own then the credits which you used in the trip won't be refunded but with the help of Airbnb team they can provide a coupon or extend the date to another month. For more details you can check my detailed Airbnb Travel Credit Referral article.

The last $100 travel credit I got, I used to book a location close to a hospital when my sister was going to have cancer surgery. Her surgery got canceled, so I had the booking canceled. I did not get the travel credit refunded. I was just lost the credit. 😞 This year I had cancer surgery in March. In March I got an email from Airbnb reminding me to use this year's travel credit. I would like to be able to take advance of this credit this year, but I can not find out when the credit expires, or if the credit has already expired.

How do I find out if the travel credit has expired?

Thanks!

Colleen

my travel credit is not showing up..after i logged out..can airbnb solve it?? https://technologymoon.com/