Travel credit disappeared when my booking was complete???

Marianne25
Level 2
Sugarloaf, CA

Travel credit disappeared when my booking was complete???

I was shown a travel credit when I was booking a room, then it disappeared when my booking was completed. Where did it go and how do I get it back?

9 Replies 9
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

@Marianne25 Presumably it was used to pay for your booking.

Thanks, but what I mean was, it showed a $25 credit bringing my cost from $123 down to $98. But when I clicked to accept it, it was gone and still shows now as $123. In the 'help' section it says not all bookings are eligible to use credit, but I want to know why it teased me. 😉

@Marianne25 You'll have to contact Airbnb.

Rav1
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

Same thing happened to me.

How do we contact Airbnb?

Stephen189
Level 1
Saint Petersburg, FL

When I booked my 3 week stay in Bali, I had a $40 travel credit applied to my price. When I changed the reservation to 2 weeks, the travel credit disappeared. I see no way of contacting Airbnb. Anyone find a way to get their travel credit back? Or did anyone find a way to contact Airbnb?

You are allowed to use the travel credit only once. If you cancel then the credit is also cancelled. 

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

@Marianne25 , sounds like you have a complete reservation. can you check in your Airbnb confirmation and look there to see exactly how much you were charged? If it is the amount without the credit, I suspect (don't know for sure) that as you  say, they don't let you use your credits for every stay. In that case, I imagine it will show up again when you do your next reservation.

But for peace of mind, yes, calling Airbnb might be helpful.

I have heard that using twitter @airbnbhelp works real well.

Also for @Stephen189 and @Rav1 , if you look here in the forum under Community help, the first post is all about how to contact Airbnb:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Community-Help-EN/page/1/thr...

same thing happen to me. my $89 credit diappeared before the last step of my reservation. and i can never find it anymore.

This is so buggy.

Senthil5
Level 1
Coimbatore, India

Yeah, same happen to me. First time due to connectivity issue my payment failed but then when i try to book same place again, the credit is not there. without using exhausted. very bad.