Tour Scams

Chevy0
Level 1
Barranco District, Peru

Tour Scams

Hi group. I'm looking for some help and guidence on a matter that has occurred. I recently had a guest stay at my airbnb  who had a reserved a tour package from a agency that I reconmended. On the day of the guest flight he cancels the reservation. The guest had already paid the fee for the tour package. The agency said that they would western union the money back to the guest. The guest had to buy another tour package with another tour agency. The guest wants us to reimburse the money for the package. The agency will not pick up the phone. What are my options?

4 Replies 4
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Chevy0

I have no idea why you are trying to sort this out for the guest - all you did was provide a list of agencies who offer tours. You did not take any money from the guest.

If the guest paid by credit card then they should immediately contact their card issuer who is legally obliged to investigate cases like this.

Also - be aware that your guest may have signed a form that says no refunds, no changes to dates etc - that contract may mean the tour agency is within its rights to hold on to money for last minute cancellations.

@Gerry-And-Rashid0

Thank you. I got worried a bit after I received a very threatening email from the former guest. You made a good point about the paperwork. I have no idea what the guest signed and/or agreed to.

Again my friend thank you again for the advice.

Cheers,

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Could you explain why you are involved in this? Does not make much sense as described.

David
Chevy0
Level 1
Barranco District, Peru

Sorry there was a error in my message. I meant to say that on the day my guest was suppossed to fly out to her next destination, the agency called and told the guest that they could not do her package. The agency said they would refund her money via western union, but now they don't answer the phone. The guest is holding us responsible because we sent the information (contact info). We have worked with the agency before fine.  The guest wants us to pay because the tour agency doing the dodge game.