The question of long-time booking

Steve327
Level 1
Aberdeen, United Kingdom

The question of long-time booking

If a guest makes a booking a long time in advance - do they paid Airbnb the full amount when they book - or can they pay a deposit?

5 Replies 5
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Steve327 They pay the first month for sure. From what some hosts wrote in the CC, it looks like there is a chance for guests not to pay for the remaining period if they do not have funds in their accounts. One host reported that the payment for another month froze at "awaiting payment" and the host never got the money. So the chances are Airbnb is not consistent in collection of payments.

Read this:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/245/how-do-i-pay-for-my-long-term-reservation

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Steve327  There is a difference between long term booking and long time booking.  @Marzena4 is correct about long term, i.e., that is more than 28 days, but I think you are asking about long time advance booking, right?  Air BNB collects the full amount of the booking at the time of the registration.  I think this is a good process.  In my situation, guests reserve a year in advance for several popular music festivals and I would not want there to be any doubt that I will be paid for these valuable dates.

@Linda108 @Steve327 Yeah, I assumed that Airbnb's policy of collecting money upon making reservation is obvious. As far as Rules are concerned, there is no escape from it. It is also related to not splitting payments. 

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Steve327

Paying a deposit and the balance later is an option with some payment methods.

pay-less-upfront-terms  doesn't mention which payment methods?

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Steve327  Actually, @Jeff158 is correct as the pay less upfront payment option was implemented a couple of months ago, however, as @Jeff158 indicates, Air BNB does not publish when this option is available.  During the reservation process, some guests will be allowed this option.  Who is allowed and under what conditions is not generally known.  As I previously mentioned, the long term reservation already has this option.